Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to Scroll Transaction Registers after R31.5 and issues with Right Mouse button

SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭✭
This discussion was created from comments split from: Thanks for Windows Quicken R31.5 updates.

Comments

• 25YrQUser25YrQUser Member
    R31.5 has major bug.  You cannot scroll up or down TRANSACTIONS in any account in Banking.  Scrolling works ok in Investment accounts & Property Accounts.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @25YrQUser

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the community.  I have updated to R31.5 in my personal data file and am not experiencing any issues with scrolling through the Banking account registers.

If you haven't already, please download and install the Mondo Patch, available here, one more time.

Once installed, please try again to scroll through the registers and let us know if you are continuing to experience an issue.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Also restart your computer, my installation of R31.5 scrolls as expected.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Pat ClearyPat Cleary Member ✭✭
    I just download the latest version of Quicken for windows. R 31.5. There were scroll bar changes
    1) We have modernized the look and feel of scroll bars throughout the product.
    2)For users of our investment level products, changes made to Register preferences, appearance, and fonts will now apply to both the banking Register and the investment Register.

The implementation of these changes impacted the 'Banking Account' register for users that use the 'right' mouse button as their primary button.

The scroll bards to not operate at all.

I was on with support for 2 hours. Not sure when it will be fixed.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20
    The implementation of these changes impacted the 'Banking Account' register for users that use the 'right' mouse button as their primary button.

I just tested this and I agree that a bug was introduced.  If the user is using the right mouse button as their primary button clicking on the scrollbar does nothing.  It works properly in the investment accounts.

This just to confirm what you and @25YrQUser have said.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
    edited January 20
    Hello @Chris_QPW

Thank you for confirming the issue and providing the additional details of using the right mouse button.  With that information I was able to reproduce this and will submit it to the teams for further review.

Thanks again,

Sarah

(CTP-1539)
    Sarah and Splasher, I just saw your posts and tried both.... rebooted the computer & also reinstalled the update via the Mondo Patch.  However, no change... still no scrolling of transactions in Banking.  Now I see other comments have been added by other users having the same issue.  Yes, I am left handed and therefore use the right mouse button as my primary.   Btw, my call to tech support earlier today was at least an hour to no avail.  Sure hope we see a corrected patch very soon that corrects this.  I am also having the American Express problem posted elsewhere.
  • Stephen BlendermannStephen Blendermann Windows Beta Beta
    Changing the mouse button setting to "left" does enable the scroll bar. However, tilting the wheel to scroll horizontally does not work with either setting.
    Changing the mouse button setting to "left" does enable the scroll bar. However, tilting the wheel to scroll horizontally does not work with either setting.
    This is something I have never used, so went ahead an tried it.

Well on my Logitech mouse titling the wheel doesn't work for horizontal scrolling even in the older R30.21 release, so this doesn't seem like it is newly introduced with R31.5.

And I might add this is inconsistent even outside of Quicken.  In File Explorer it doesn't do anything, but in Excel it works.
  • SalvadorSalvador Member ✭✭
    I installed the release R31.5 in two Macs; the scroll bars don´t work well; it moves up or down different as previous versions; it used to show the immediate transactions when a click was done on the bar, however, now it moves to far-away transactions
  • bmbassbmbass Member
    Salvador,
    I agree the scroll bar changes are not good. This is on a Windows machine and if you click in the bar it moves up MONTHS, not just one page and even if you click on the arrows at the end of each bar, it still moves MANY transactions away. Basically the scroll bars are useless now.

Example: Clicking once in the BAR moved me from Jan 2021 to Feb 2019 and clicking the top arrow once moved me from Jan 2021 to July 2020. Both 100s of transactions away.
  • PeterKPeterK Member ✭✭
    I cannot scroll *at all*. No vertical scrolling in any registers. No horizontal scrolling in reports.
  • Pat ClearyPat Cleary Member ✭✭
    Same issue with the Spending Tab and the Invest Tab. Can't scroll if your primary mouse button is right
  • lymanepplymanepp Member
    edited January 21
    The scrollbar is very erratic with R31.5. As bmbass mentioned, clicking in the space above or below the scrollbar "handle" moves by months instead of a single page. Clicking the up and down scrollbar arrows moves by pages, not a single item.
    I have the latest version installed, but applied the mega patch for good measure. No change in behavior.
    One thing to note is that I use RDP to access my desktop that has Quicken installed.
    The Quicken scrollbar worked as expected for many, many years. I'm not sure why it needed to be "fixed" now.
  • Cris WilliamsCris Williams Member ✭✭
    Since installing the latest update when I click inside the scroll bar on a register, the register scrolls two pages. Prior to the update the register would only scroll one page with one click. This is the expected behavior across Windows.

I would provide screen captures or video, but that would require revealing personal financial information in the register. Sorry.
  • MHSwizzleStickMHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    When clicking in the scroll bar's up/down arrow keys, not only does it scroll more than one line, but the distance it scrolls isn't even consistent. For example, scroll to somewhere midpoint in the register. Clicking the scroll bar's up arrow followed by the down arrow should bring you back to the original position; it doesn't. Repeat and you'll be in yet another random position.

• jrich75jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    When clicking in the scroll bar's up/down arrow keys, not only does it scroll more than one line, but the distance it scrolls isn't even consistent. For example, scroll to somewhere midpoint in the register. Clicking the scroll bar's up arrow followed by the down arrow should bring you back to the original position; it doesn't. Repeat and you'll be in yet another random position.

I'm seeing the same behavior in banking registers and just to clarify, my left button is primary.  Clicking the scroll bar arrows can jump multiple pages and the only way to move a single line is with the keyboard arrow keys.  Even clicking the scroll bar itself behaves inconsistently, often moving multiple pages at a time.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • I'm seeing the same thing with the scroll bars. I click the up or down arrows and it moves anywhere from three or four lines, to a page or a couple pages or all the way to the top or the bottom.

It's very difficult to navigate in a register now.
    After seeing other comments about the 31.5 scrolling problem that I first identified at the top of this subject thread, I have to ask myself.... is there a team at Quicken that comes up with these changes and how can something like this get released to the public without some thorough testing and vetting?  Surely someone at Quicken must have said this is a huge mistake and we shouldn't release it with the changes to scrolling.  We are talking about a big corporation.  Changes like this should never have been released to the general CUSTOMER base.  It is just unbelievable to me how this could happen.  How about listening to customers?  All of this effort and something as simple as scrolling that worked perfectly fine is totally screwed up but we still cannot search for a bill reminder in Bills and Income, which is about as basic a thing as I can think it should do.
    Hello All,

Thank you again for reporting this behavior to the community.  Our teams have included a fix for this behavior in the R31.6 HF1 release, now available in staged format.

For more information on what's included in this release, as well as a link to download the Mondo Patch, please visit the Release Notes Alert here.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited January 22
    I just got this update (the one @Quicken Sarah  is referring to) in an automatic download/install and I can confirm that it fixes this problem  (no action when clicking using the right mouse button as your primary button).

Note this is the only fix in this patch release according to the release notes and I can also confirm that there doesn't seem to be any other changes in regard to other scrollbar problems reported.
  • lymanepplymanepp Member
    While it's good to see a quick turnaround by Quicken, the majority of issues reported in this thread are still not fixed in R31.6.
  • The problem I described above with the scroll bar behavior, clicking the up or down buttons moving multiple lines, or whole pages, or all the way to the top or bottom of the register, was NOT fixed with the 31.6 update.
  • Cris WilliamsCris Williams Member ✭✭
    > @David Chamberlain said:
    > The problem I described above with the scroll bar behavior, clicking the up or down buttons moving multiple lines, or whole pages, or all the way to the top or bottom of the register, was NOT fixed with the 31.6 update.

Agreed. Just installed 31.6. Saw the release notes that they were addressing a "right mouse button" issue.

The issue remains after 31.6.
  • johnroldanjohnroldan Member ✭✭
    This issue with uncontrolled scrolling is creating matching issues when verifying downloaded items. Please address this frustration. This is NOT a right-mouse button issue.
    This is NOT a right-mouse button issue.
    And as such you are in the wrong thread.  Because there was a right-mouse issue introduced in R31.5 and R31.6 was release to fix it (which is does).  You won't notice any of this because it is a "if you user the right mouse button as your primary select button" problem, and I'm sure you are using the left mouse button as your primary button.

People there are two main threads.  This one which is about the right mouse button, and this other one where is about the other scrolling problems (which have yet to be addressed).
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7886374/scrolling-issue-with-new-update