Multi users from same family on separate computers

While Quicken has recorded my personal financial life and I am grateful, there are missing avenues for you may want to explore.  I am a MacBook Air user of Quicken and why?  My business has always been Windows, however I did not want Quicken to be on our network of servers and remote server just for privacy of my personal financials.  My female friend of 10 years has been an iPhone user and I started her slowly with an iPad etc. and thought she needed some Windows experiences so she has a Windows desk top close or within my vision at my home.  Personal financial to her was what cash does she have.  She does have a checking and savings, and a mortgage account that payments are made monthly from my checking account.  She has been a Quicken users maybe 9 years.  It is in an elementary area of success and she does balance her accounts daily on Quicken.

What could we use, or any married couple use?  A multiple user version that could have the saved data in your cloud and access from multiple related computers and users.  If you would have had this in 1997 I would perhaps still be married.  Typically I speak about Quicken and what I find is one of the related couple is in and the other out.  It needs to be fun again for both.

Yesterday my hairstylist was happy that he husband was going to pay for their daughter’s wedding.  They are happily married, she owns her hairstylist shop with 5 employees and he works sales for a construction equipment company, the original front end loader Bobcat.  She has no clue of his earnings and they do take their tax returners to the same preparer.  This is the real world of potential users of a new version of your archaic software.

I would like to be an adviser, if wanted, to this new project and have other ideas for younger people as user, my 4 grandchildren.

Of course I could design the whole thing on excel or would you suggest Money

0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the finances aren't too complicated you might be better off with something like Simplifi (https://get.simplifimoney.com/)

I think there is two fundamental reasons why Quicken isn't a good fit for this.
    One is that it was never designed for what you are asking for.  It as always been meant as a single user personal finances software.  And it is designed from the ground up like that.  And to change it would EXTEREMLY difficult and expensive.

The other reason is because in fact on of the main reason that Quicken has the users it does is because most of its user base want a Desktop application, not a "cloud based" one.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    The other reason is because in fact on of the main reason that Quicken has the users it does is because most of its user base want a Desktop application, not a "cloud based" one.
    There are many other financial software that are desktop apps that are multi-user, so that is circular argument. The bigger reason is your first... Quicken simply did not start as a multi-user product and to add that in now would be complicated, whereas the other multi-user financial software came later and started out that way from the ground up.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    smayer97 said:
    Chris_QPW said:
    There are many other financial software that are desktop apps that are multi-user, so that is circular argument. 

Sorry I wasn't too clear on the second point, it wasn't in reference to multiple users.
    It was in reference to the "cloud" part of the following statement.  

A multiple user version that could have the saved data in your cloud and access from multiple related computers and users.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/