Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Changes made during update revert back to original when update completes

bshopay
bshopay Member ✭✭
I have noticed that when changes are made to transactions while quicken is updating accounts, once the update is completed all of my changes revert back to the original. I have a few dozen accounts setup in quicken so an update can take 5 - 10 minutes to download everything. I would think that the blue dot next to the account would indicate that all new transactions are downloaded for that account. When the blue dot appears, I generally go in and start making my adjustments to payee's, categories, etc. If I do this before the update is completely finished, anything I changed will be set back to the original downloaded payee, category, etc. In some cases, if I manually match transactions (that don't typically auto match) during the update the matched transaction will end up being deleted when the update is completely finished. Is this by design? Anyone else notice this? And, before anyone says that the file is corrupted, I have test this on a fresh file with the same results.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 21
    Hello @bshopay

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.
    To help me understand what could be causing changes to not be saved in Quicken, may I also ask that you also provide the path to the active data file?
    This can be located by holding the "Control" key on the keyboard and clicking the Q icon on the right-hand side. 
    In this path, do you see any mention of Dropbox or iCloud? Storing the file in a network or cloud drive can cause the behaviors that you have described.
    Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~