Continued problem with Cloud Sync, Mobile&Web, OSU

Last year I began having a problem in which running One Step Update would eliminate the split categories and transfers listed in the category box for my Memorized Payees. I tried repeatedly to fix it, got some help from Quicken, but nothing worked. I turned off Cloud Sync, which fixed the problem, but had to quit using Quicken Mobile, which I had found handy. Noticed that most recent updates indicated such sync problems had been fixed, so tried it today -- but was only half successful. Cloud Sync now will leave alone the MPs with split categories, but it still eliminates any transfer listed in the category box for a MP. Yes, I went through Preferences and ran the reset the cloud date suggestion and did other steps, but running OSU still eliminates the transfers. So, I've turned Cloud Sync off again and still can't use Quicken Mobile. Please, Quicken, get this straightened out. (I tried to post a message on this a few minutes ago, but it disappeared -- if it's posted, my apologies. And to be clear: I'm using Quickens Window subscription model, and it has the most recent update.)

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already,  I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

This other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts, enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 
  • BHTexas
    BHTexas Member
    Thanks. I'll try it.
  • BHTexas
    BHTexas Member
    I tried it, and it didn't work. After clearing out the old data set, I ran Cloud Sync again, and once again, it left alone splits in my Memorized Payees, but it wiped out any transfer listed in the Category for for those payees. It's something going on with Quicken.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BHTexas said:
    I tried it, and it didn't work. After clearing out the old data set, I ran Cloud Sync again, and once again, it left alone splits in my Memorized Payees, but it wiped out any transfer listed in the Category for for those payees. It's something going on with Quicken.
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options