Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

You have online payments to send. Do you want to send them before exiting? Erroneous reminder.

This message will not stop coming up when trying to close Quicken. To save time this is what I have done thus far:
Sorted the register by check: There are no future dated entries that need to be addressed.
Checked the register for items in "send envelope" ("Send" in the check # field): None.
Created a copy of the data file.
Opened the copied file.
Validated & Repaired the copied file.
Closed and re-opened Quicken.
Closed the copied file and the message came up again,"You have online payments to send. Do you want to send them before exiting?"

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @svitale,

Sorry that you are having this issue.  This can sometimes happen when you've submitted online payments but the bank's processes can't send it because it is too close to the date you wanted it to be paid.

I would suggest that you first go online to your account at the bank (outside of Quicken) and confirm that the bank has the all online payments that you have recently sent via Quicken "in process" and without any errors.  If you do find such a bill, or bills, You should go back into Quicken and change that send date to a few days later. 
    However, if your bank's website indicates that all bills have either been paid or are "in process" I would suggest that you supervalidate a copy of your Quicken datafile by following these steps:

1) Open Quicken and go to the File menu > File Operations...
    2 ) Hold down both Ctrl + Shift on the keyboard, and click on "Validate & Repair", while holding the keys down
    3) The Validate & Repair window will open and you should checkmark the little box next to "Supervalidate file" then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please make note of any errors or issues are found/repaired, and then close and re-open Quicken.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • John PearsonJohn Pearson Member ✭✭
    I cannot delete a repeating payment. The instructions say that these are listed on the repeating payment tab. I have the most current version of quicken and they are not listed.
    If I follow the current instructions the payment still appears next month. My only solution is to void the payment.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @John Pearson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you continue to experience this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and try the troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding this topic.

Please, check back and let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • svitalesvitale Member
    Thanks for your help. There are no payment transaction errors in my banks online register. The "Supervalidation" returned no errors in the report. Also, in an attempt to narrow down the specific transaction date causing the erroneous message I archived the Quicken data file prior to January 2021. The archive file and the new copy file are identical after 3 attempts. (In other words the register in both files show all transactions before Jan 21.) So, that appears to be an additional problem with the software.
    I am using Quicken version R31.6 Build 27.1.31.6
    my membership expires 5/6/2012.

Unfortunately the instructions to delete recurring payments do not seem to work in my situation.

In January I entered a new monthly recurring payment for 2021 expecting to delete the monthly payment for 2020. Both have the same recipient and account. Then I tried to delete the 2020 payment -- for some reason it failed.
    Thus I now have two recurring payments that are active in 2021. One should have been deleted, and one should be active.

I tried to void both payments. They were cancelled (void) but the next monthly payment appeared for both.

I tried the "delete recurring payment" and also the "delete online payees" and neither worked because of the "pending payment" restriction.

I zeroed out the payments and they just reoccurred next month at their original values.

So how should I correct this? Thanks for your help.
    It expires in 2021.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @svitale

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support by phone on Monday for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • svitalesvitale Member
    edited January 31
    Hello,
    Thanks for your response. This may be an important email to you so I would read it and pass the information on to the dozens of Quicken users experiencing this same problem. Unfortunately I cannot attach a screenshot of the transaction that was causing the issue of an erroneous “You have online payments to send” message on exiting the program.
    This is how I discovered the cause. I voided a transaction on 1/27/2021 to Traveler’s Insurance. Suddenly the transaction icon next to the checking account said I had 2 payments to send not just 1. I had voided a transaction on 1/12/2021 to Chase.
    I realized that these voided transactions could be the cause. I CUT each of the transactions and pasted them back into the checking register. I no longer receive the erroneous reminder to process bill payments.
    Other users may not have voided transactions in their registers. But, you may be able to use this information as a point of reference for a software fix.
    [Removed-Sarcastic/Unhelpful]
    Thanks anyway
    Stephen Vitale
  • svitalesvitale Member
    edited January 31
    [Removed-Duplicate]
    PS I will not be renewing b y Quicken Bill Pay account.
This discussion has been closed.