Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

R31.6 - After updating to R31.6 I can't access anything on line .

Camilla Los
Camilla Los Member ✭✭
I backed up my files before installing update R31.6. I am using Quicken Premier for windows. I have a current subscription until May 24, 2021. I could not open the file and got a warning message about the feature you are trying to use is not available. The instructions said something about needing to insert the Quicken Disk - which I did. That got me access to the Quicken file, but, there was no data in it. I used my backup copy to reload the data. The only problem I have now is that none of the online functions are available, even though Quicken help shows that my subscription is current. There is no update your files tab on the home page. No access to view any data that requires on line access. How do I get Quicken to recognize I have a valid subscription?

Answers

• Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    ps56k,
    I actually got past that warning about the feature not being available by following the instructions it gave to reinsert the quicken disc and by following the prompts. I was able to log in to Quicken and restore from a backup file. But, the file is missing access to on line features. So, is this a second step that needs to be completed for the process of restoring online access? I read that alert a dozen times but, thought it was talking about how to get past the warning message they were responding to in the original question.
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    So, I went into Quicken under file>Import >web Connect, now it is asking me where I want to put the the folder. Not sure the location to select. Lots of choices such as computer systems folder, network systems folder , desktop etc.
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    I didn't get any further by selecting a location, because, I had to enter a file name as well and I named it Web connect Quicken. The computer responded "not a valid name". I am sure you can tell I have no idea what I am doing. Can anyone guide me?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    You are fighting a battle you cannot win. It's a bug and nothing you can do will fix it. I suggest you revert to R30.21 by downloading and running this file:
    I also suggest you enable Windows User Account Control (UAC) to prevent future automatic updates from Quicken.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Camilla Los
    Camilla Los Member ✭✭
    RocketJSquirrel,

Thanks for the suggestion. A question before I try this - just to be sure I understand how to do it since at present I can not get on line from within quicken.
    So, I download this to say my desktop and then run it and it will revert the Quicken file? I have Quicken subscription on two computers. So, I can try this on my Windows 7 computer as they are not synced. I don't want to risk loosing access to my data file on my windows 10 computer right now.

I have never had to revert to an earlier version in all the years I have used quicken - so I don't want to mess it up. Will feel better if I know what to expect.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Yes, running the older "Mondo patch" will revert your Quicken to a previous version. It "should not" harm your data, but if the database schema has changed, which they generally don't tell us, it is possible you'll see bad behavior. Your plan to try this on a secondary PC first is a good one. Run through your usual Quicken activities and watch for anything out of the ordinary. You could also restore a backup from before the update and that should be fine.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.