Merge two credit card accounts

Recently my Discover credit card had some fraudulent use and Discover had to issue me a new credit card with a new account number. Now, when I down loaded my transactions, I have two Discover accounts. How can I merge the two. I read something about copying the transactions from the old account to the new, but I have thousands of transactions going back many years so I'm not sure that would Ber a good way.

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    It's not hard to copy all of the transactions from one account to the other. In the old (non connecting) account, click any transaction, then menu Edit > Select All. Then being carful not to deselect them by single-clicking, drag and drop all of them at once to the active account in the sidebar. Go have a cup of coffee and when you get back, it will be done.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    It's not hard to copy all of the transactions from one account to the other. In the old (non connecting) account, click any transaction, then menu Edit > Select All. Then being carful not to deselect them by single-clicking, drag and drop all of them at once to the active account in the sidebar. Go have a cup of coffee and when you get back, it will be done.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.