Amount Not Transferring to Receiving Account

I have a two paycheck split line items that transfer two different amounts to the same 401K Investment Account. One correctly makes the transfer, but the other makes the transfer without including the amount. I try to manually add the amount in the receiving investment account by editing the transferred transaction, but as you would expect, it says the transfer was created from a split transaction....

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    I suspect paycheck transaction is corrupt.  I suggest you delete the transaction and reenter the transaction with the paycheck income reminder.  If the issue persists, I suggest you delete the paycheck income reminder and recreate the paycheck income reminder.  Note: Before making any significant changes to a Quicken file, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
  • kms0521
    kms0521 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the feedback. I am using the paycheck income reminder (series). If I delete the reminder will it impact any of the historical transactions? Also, is there any way of fixing all the historical transactions? There are about 100 transactions that were impacted (yes, I should have caught this a lot earlier!).
  • kms0521
    kms0521 Member ✭✭
    I just added an adjustment to capture all the past transfer errors.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    kms0521 said:
    Thank you for the feedback. I am using the paycheck income reminder (series). If I delete the reminder will it impact any of the historical transactions? Also, is there any way of fixing all the historical transactions? There are about 100 transactions that were impacted (yes, I should have caught this a lot earlier!).
    Deleting a reminder should not impact the transactions entered using the reminder.

Of course, there are ways of fixing all the transactions.  If you're looking for a shortcut, you could try the Copy and Validate instructionshttps://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows