Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

The Bill and Income Reminders Screen Has a Bug(s)!!!

When I try to "Edit this instance and all future instances" of a Bill Reminder in order to change the Due Date, and click Done, I am then asked to "Set Up Online Payee" even though I have been paying this payee online for about 20 years (my Gas bill). So then I enter the Online Payee information and click on "OK" Quicken shows the fields I just entered as blank and will not proceed since I did not fill in the required information. It is stuck in this loop until I click cancel which means I did not succeed in changing the due date for this Bill Reminder. I am using the latest version of Quicken Deluxe.

This bug is in addition to the one I previously reported that advanced the due date on its own causing me to miss a payment which cost me about $280.00

Is anyone from Quicken reading these Community postings?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.
    If you're attempting to set an earlier due date, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7876084/cant-adjust-bill-reminder-date
    I suspect the easiest fix for may be to delete and recreate the reminder. 

Moderators will occasionally respond to questions that remain unanswered or posts that have been flagged.
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭
    Version R30.21

I am using Direct Connect with a major bank and have successfully done so for decades until recently.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rleifield,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Did you try to delete and recreate the reminder as previously suggested by Sherlock? If so, did that help resolve the issue for you? If not, please check back and let us know so we can provide further troubleshooting steps for you to try in an attempt to resolve this.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your message, I did not do that. I can give it a try but doesn’t this indicate that there is something wrong with Quicken itself? Why should someone have to delete a bill reminder in order to change the due date? I had an earlier problem of Bill Reminders being advanced by 1 month, by Quicken and not by any action that I took, which caused me to miss a payment date and have to pay late fees. I think there are bugs in the Bill Reminders routine that could affect all Quicken users, not just me.
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭
    This morning when I look at my Bill Reminders I see that Quicken has changed a Credit Card Bill Reminder into an Income Reminder. I suppose this is because there is a Credit Balance on the card, since I paid more than was due on my last payment. This could have caused me to miss my payment again if I had not seen it.

There are BUGS in the Bill Reminders routines in Quicken!!!!!!!
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭
    edited January 26
    I am very disappointed in the Quicken software.

I spent about 6 hours talking to the Quicken support personnel Saturday and today trying to pay my gas bill using online bill pay through my bank.

Each of the 3 people who helped me had me try various things. None of them knowing exactly how to fix the problem. Finally the last person who helped me guessed correctly and by disconnecting all of my accounts with my bank and then reconnecting them I was able to pay my gas bill!

Writing a check by hand and putting it in the mail would have taken me about 5 minutes.

[Removed - Rant/Disruptive]
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    [Removed - Argumentative/Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭
    Today I found 3 Annual Automatic payment bill reminders that were changed to monthly automatic payment reminders.

There were 2 bill reminders that would not allow me to edit them due to issues with the address etc as described above on 23 Jan 2021

I am using the new release that was downloaded today.