Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Less than impressed

tpcf
tpcf Member
edited January 24 in Before you Buy
Ok, so last year I thought I would update Quicken to the newest version - I have done this in the past every few years. Bought the subscription as this is the only option now (NO "offline" version)

[Removed - Rant]

When the year was up, I get a message indicating my subscription was up and unless I renew I would "no longer be able to download statements" (or whatever along that line. No problem since I don't really use that feature as I just want a basic ledger.

So i let the date past - [removed - rant] only to find out that if you do not renew quicken [removed - rant] will NOT allow you to basically continue to use it. Sure you can LOOK at your records, but you can't enter anything anymore and the beyond constant NAGGING.

[Removed - Rant]

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I guess you didn't read the EULA when you installed Quicken Subscription.

Are you using Quicken Starter? That's the only version that becomes Read Only when your subscription expires. All other versions allow you to manually enter transactions though you have to deal with the nag screens.

You can also revert back to Quicken 2016 or 2017 since the data file format hasn't changed.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I guess you didn't read the EULA when you installed Quicken Subscription.

Are you using Quicken Starter? That's the only version that becomes Read Only when your subscription expires. All other versions allow you to manually enter transactions though you have to deal with the nag screens.

You can also revert back to Quicken 2016 or 2017 since the data file format hasn't changed.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • tpcf
    tpcf Member
    "I guess you didn't read the EULA when you installed Quicken Subscription." Guess not - but isn't that convenient. :pensive:

Still, why does one have to deal with the nags screen PERIOD? Once you dismissed them, then they should be gone.

Oh sure, I COULD "revert back Quicken 2016 or 2017" if I kept the original copy.
  • tpcf
    tpcf Member
    edited January 24
    [Removed - Rant]
This discussion has been closed.