Start Quicken by selecting filename

Using Quicken Premier. I keep my Quicken file on desktop & double click to ope the file & Quicken. Today when I double clicked the file a progress bar & pop up "Please wait while Windows configures Quicken". If I let that run I get message that the installer can't find Quicken.msi.
If I start Quicken from the Windows menu, it starts & my file opens when Quicken opens. Any ideas on why Quicken won't open from my Quicken file?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sprinks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest that you start by performing a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files). 

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Sprinks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest that you start by performing a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files). 

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious - Why click on the QDF file - vs just starting Quicken and the file will open as last used name...
    Also - READ the ALERT -

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.