Add Security Name or Symbol as a selection in reports

rl4265
rl4265 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
edited January 26 in Investments (Mac)
I'd like to see Security Name or Symbol be added as a reports selection.  

If you'd like to see total security performance which would include Purchase Price, Dividends and either sale price or current value, the only way to do it is to add a tag to every transaction for that security.  While this is doable, it becomes more difficult if you've got more than one investment account.  While stock names show up as Payee's the 'payee' selection in reports only works with credit card/banking payees.

Additionally, this feature would allow you to look at the history with a security.  (I.E.  purchased X shares, sold Y shares etc.  (This would be useful if you've held and sold a stock over a period of time.). (This is useful in case of class actions, where you need to know when you purchased, when you sold etc.)
M1 MacBook Air 16GB RAM.  MacOS 11.4
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    If I can extend your feature request:  Please add to QMac ALL of the 8 Investing reports that are available in QWin, with all of the subtotaling options.  At present, not  one of those reports is possible - much less the things @rl4265 is requesting.

For example, the QWin "Investment Performance Report" can be subtotaled by a variety of things  - one of which is "Security".  When subtotaled by Security, that report gives what is requested.

The QWin Capital Gains report gives so much more info than the capital gains section of the QMac 'tax report' which has no option to show the security name - showing instead ticker symbols for stocks and CUSIP numbers for bonds.

QWin Investing reports has one called "Maturity Dates for Bonds and CDs".  This info cannot be pulled out into a report in QMac either.  Enough examples :-)

Please give us all of the investing reports that QWin can generate :-)

Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rl4265,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I, too, would like to see Quicken Mac have a robust set of investment reports. There are multiple Idea threads scattered around this forum asking for various aspects of this broad goal. (And because they're scattered, many individual subsets of "robust investment reports" don't individually garner a lot of votes, which unfortunately means few of these ideas get presented to the development team.) 

That said, it is possible to generate a report with some of the security information in the request from @rl4265 .  Click on Investing in the left sidebar -- or some sub-section or individual account -- and go to Portfolio view. Set the first filter to Performance and the second to Group by Security. Then click on the columns icon on the right-side or the menu bar, and you can add many different options as columns. This includes security symbol, cost basis, market value, IRR and ROI for various timeframes, and many more. Again, I'm not saying this meets the request; I'm just mentioning it in case you're not aware of some of the flexibility in the Portfolio view for generating different types of reports. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993