Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Investing window unavailable

I cannot open up the window showing my investment accounts; the investing tab is in the header but it will not open up the window and spins for a while and then simply stops. It did work ok prior to a Quicken update being installed.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • I have the same issue. Quicken stops when I try to open investment tab. I performed the file validation and problem persists.
  • Hello @Michael Cypher

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issues. I'm wondering here if we may be able to fix it by trying a super validate as you've already tried a normal validate. To perform a super validate we'll go across the top to file > file operations > (HOLD CTRL + SHIFT) validate and repair > Super validate file > OK. 

Once you've done this see if you're able to get the investment tab to open up. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • I completed the super validate file. Several items with no action required.
    Same problem with my investment tab. I don't want to pay for a program that does not work.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    rmartineau said: I cannot open up the window showing my investment accounts;
    Always include the Version and Release......   Help --> About Quicken

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Michael Cypher said:   Quicken stops when I try to open investment tab.
    Always include the Version and Release......   Help --> About Quicken

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Investment window shut down quicken. I am running version R31.20.
    Super validate did not help. I have 3 days until I cancel this subscription.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems