Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Register Search Box Location

:* My Quicken Register Search Box was always on the top right but now it moved to the top left. I don't think I intentionally moved it and can't find a setting that controls it's location. I it possible to move it back to the top right again? My muscle memory is stuck in top right mode.
Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
  • schmidtj
    schmidtj Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks much. Personally I like it where it was. Oh well.
  • Clark C
    Clark C Windows Beta Beta
    I, too, very much dislike the relocation of the Register Search Box to the left side.  Microsoft Office programs all put their search boxes in the top right.  Not saying Quicken should follow Microsoft, but it is the more natural location.  The main Search Box is in the top right.  The Register Search box should remain under it on the top right (where it was).  Or better yet, make its left or right location selectable like the account list.  
  • billwillis
    billwillis Member
    Same here. Top right. The product of lazy software developers. Or "designers" who think their customers will love the new feature, so why ask them. To paraphrase Billy Joel, "Don't go changin' stuff to try and please me." It doesn't.
  • rlof2453
    rlof2453 Member
    I hate the new location. It is counterintuitive.
    How do we change it back?
  • Mare
    Mare Member
    I much prefer the search bar on the right. Could I at least have the option of moving it back where it was?
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭
    Hello. I too am not happy about the change in Release R31.5 (US Versions, Jan 2021) where they moved the Search Field in the registers to the LEFT side from the RIGHIT side where it has been FOR YEARS. It sure would be nice to have the option of having it on the right or left side. As others have said, it has almost become "standard" to have search fields in the upper right hand corner of a page. Also, after having had it there for such a long time, it's really hard for this old dog to break the habit. This might be one of those things that wasn't broken, so why fix it?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be one of those things that wasn't broken, so why fix it?
    I agree. Lately there have been several cosmetic changes which improve nothing. Quicken is full of bugs, both functional and cosmetic. Yet the developers seem to be tweaking the GUI at random. What a waste of development time.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.