Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

USAA - "New" USAA Bank Option Does Not Show Up

I attempted the fix posted regarding the USAA error in the Known Issues thread. I deactivated my USAA accounts, but when I went to reactivate I am not given the option of the "New" USAA Bank and it automatically connects to the original that has the error associated. I cannot reactivate my accounts now. Please advise.

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Lucretia

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It looks like for some users having difficulty. In this case I recommend contacting  Quicken Support via phone so that we're able to help and see exactly why we're not connecting. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 29 Accepted Answer
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues with USAA, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

There is a new update on the USAA alert, available here that contains additional details.

If you are experiencing any of the issues detailed in the alert, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem to assist our teams in the investigation.

Please include in the subject, which issue/error you are experiencing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Stephanie E.

Thank you for reporting this issue to the community.  May I ask, when reactivating the accounts, are you going to the Tools menu > Add Account option?  

Or the "Set Up Now" button in the Account Details > Online services window?

If using set up now, please instead try the Tools > Add Account option.

If you are still unable to select the "USAA Federal Savings Bank - New" option, I would recommend following the steps found here, to update the financial institution branding and profile information in Quicken, which should refresh the bank list and populate the new USAA option, but please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Stephanie E.
    Stephanie E. Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah! I figured it out - I was not going through the Tools menu. However, it's also important to note that you must SEARCH for USAA in the search box and not click the USAA icon in the window. Once I searched, I found the "New" bank option and then had to click "Get ID and PIN" which took me to USAA to log in when establishing the connection. Everything is working now.

Thanks for your help!
    Stephanie
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad to hear you got it working and thanks for posting back with the update and steps you took :)

If there's anything else the community may assist with, please let us know, thanks again!

Sarah
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    Has anyone been able to get the USAA Federal Savings Bank (NEW) option to work per Quicken's Suggested fix?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @explorer03

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues connecting with the new USAA instance in Quicken.

Please take a look at the information provided above and let us know if this helps to find and connect with the USAA Federal Savings Bank - New option.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    I have followed the directions as listed by going to "add account" searching for USAA and selecting the "new" option. It continues to fail
  • wayne116
    wayne116 Member ✭✭
    The workaround published for this does NOT work. It is recommended to Deactivate the accounts then reactivate them using the USAA-New link for the bank. However, Quicken NEVER GIVES the option to choose the bank. It just tries to connect to USAA, apparently with the old settings for USAA, because it again returns the OL-220A error.
  • Stephanie E.
    Stephanie E. Member ✭✭
    Explorer03 did you click on "Get Access ID and PIN" on the right hand side of the pop-up box? Click on that and it will take you to your USAA log-in page. Log in and then the Access ID and PIN will appear. Use them to log in in the Quicken pop up box.
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    Yes I did get the Access ID and PIN...sorry I forget to mention that in my earlier reply
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    All my issues occurred after the update installed this morning
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    When using the suggested fix I get the "Add Account" box returns, but after failing to work it has a pinkish color highlighted box with a red triangle with an exclamation point stating, "Sorry, we encountered an error. (It is not your fault)"
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    I got the new ID and PIN and no luck.  I can't get Q to link to my current Visa.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Signature:
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    Chris-QpW, I did all those step..no luck
  • wayne116
    wayne116 Member ✭✭
    Perfect. It worked. Thank you.
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    I did go to my USAA account, under my profile and securities page it does show USAA granting permission to Quicken to access my accounts. I talked with a USAA rep and they did verify USAA has granted the permission and their system show Quicken doing so.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did go to my USAA account, under my profile and securities page it does show USAA granting permission to Quicken to access my accounts. I talked with a USAA rep and they did verify USAA has granted the permission and their system show Quicken doing so.
    At what point did it fail for you?
    Signature:
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    Chris_QPW After entering the Access ID and Access Pin....the "Add Account" box returns, with a pinkish color highlighted box with a red triangle with an exclamation point stating, "Sorry, we encountered an error. (It is not your fault)"
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately when I type in both the new Access ID and Access PIN I get an old credit card account to link; not my current account.  Any new ideas?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    @explorer03 I'm not sure about that.  I think that might be one that Quicken support has to help with.  If it was the fact that the Access ID or Access Pin was wrong I would think it would give you a message saying so.  So it sounds like some kind of "connection" problem.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    artg said:
    Unfortunately when I type in both the new Access ID and Access PIN I get an old credit card account to link; not my current account.  Any new ideas?
    Did you first deactivate all of your USAA Direct Connect accounts?
    If you did that does it give you a list of accounts to link to in the pulldown menu? (it might pick the wrong account to link to and you need to change it)
    Signature:
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    Chris_QPW Thanks for you assistance
  • Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭
    Same issues here. Eventually found USAA"New", got Access Code and Pin, connected, and got updates on my two active accounts. (Was talking with USAA tech at the time and got confirmation email from USAA.) Shut down, reopened, and tried again. One account connected, the other didn't. Deactivated and tried again; that's when I noticed four accounts listed in the pulldown menu, none of which is an active account! Thought I'd had Direct Connect with my login/password/pin combination as with the site, but note Chris's comment that the combination is for Express Web Connect. But the issues remain. USAA opened a ticket and I opened a bottle of wine.
  • Lucretia
    Lucretia Member
    edited January 28
    The solution given does not work.
  • joturnage
    joturnage Member ✭✭
    I followed the instructions posted online earlier today. No help. I've been using Quicken since 1991 and USAA with Quicken for decades. I am wondering why today something is different and requires a whole new login procedure. What changed?
  • joturnage
    joturnage Member ✭✭
    I've followed the instructions exactly and still cannot get access. I received several email/text messages (I have numerous accounts with USAA) informing me that Quicken been connected to my USAA account. I get the "Sorry we encountered an error message" also...
  • Hello @joturnage

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It looks like for some users having difficulty. In this case I recommend contacting  Quicken Support via phone so that we're able to help and see exactly why we're not connecting. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Monday through Friday

Monday through Sunday

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Lucretia

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Monday through Friday

Monday through Sunday

• joturnage
    joturnage Member ✭✭
    I fixed it but I didn't follow any of Quicken's instructions posted today. Set up USAA the old way (didn't use USAA New). Instead of your USAA number, put in your online ID. Instead of your PIN, used your online password. The next screen will ask for your PIN, so put your PIN in that screen. Then I got the "confirm your are not a robot" by entering the series of characters on the screen. Then I got my three USAA security questions. It took several minutes but everything is working. Of course, I now have transactions in all five of my USAA accounts dating back to November. :( It'll take hours to fix all of it. Thanks Quicken.