Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

USAA - "New" USAA Bank Option Does Not Show Up

Answers

• QuickAncient
    QuickAncient Unconfirmed, Member
    Same problem started on the same date. Deactivating and reactivating doesn't help. Other accounts work fine, soome like it's USAA's fault once again.
  • nancymvy
    nancymvy Member
    Your solution to deactivate worked, but you say to 'Add Account' which didn't work. It didn't bring up the USAA choice you showed at all. And also confused why you want us to add a new account - I have been using that same checking account for 20+ years and don't want a new one. Just want to re-initiate the download process for my current account.
  • JoMu
    JoMu Member
    Thanks, Robert. When you say you 'got stuck in a loop', what does that mean? Wondering if you've already spoken with USAA tech support.. and if so, what did they say? Have you already spoken to (is there a way to?) quicken support? Is there a fix in the works?
  • Dick Latour
    Dick Latour Member ✭✭
    I have tried to deactivate several times. Tried, as was suggested by one moderator to use express connect (USAA will only allow only direct connect.) Gotten an error message, saying "Sorry, we encountered an error. It's not your fault. Try again." Tried again over 15 times with the same error. Gotten the new USAA Access ID and PIN. They don't work either. Changed my USAA password, as was suggested. That didn't work. Can someone, please fix this?
  • Robert Maine
    Robert Maine Member ✭✭
    I was able to get the "new" logon and pin and I entered them and selected connect and it cycled me back to requesting a logon and pin. Wouldn't go any further. I was able to go through the express web connect process and sort of get most of my accounts to work, but this morning either there is nothing new or it isn't working. I wasn't getting the three little z's yesterday that are in your uploaded picture, but I'm getting them today, I don't know where they are coming from.
  • fmashby
    fmashby Member
    I went through the method outlined to add back USAA for my credit cards. It didn't work and took me to an error website that had me call USAA. After a prolonged wait, the agent didn't know anything about it. I asked for a supervisor and was put back in the queue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

Please ensure that you are selecting the new USAA bank option "USAA Federal Savings Bank - New." 

If you are seeing the ZZZ this means that the incorrect banking option is being selected.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm going to wait a few days before attempting to reconnect my single USAA credit card account.  In what may be a somewhat related issue, I had a problem yesterday with their system using an old USAA credit card number, one that had expired years ago, to attempt routine payment on a revolving USAA insurance account balance.  The automatic payment failed first, then a manual payment I attempted failed as well.  (This is a payment that worked fine all last year and for many years before that). After an hour talking with both the credit and insurance sides of USAA, they finally gave up and resorted to an over the phone payment using the current credit account. They kept going back & forth between the "old" and "new' systems trying to figure out where the account number was coming from.  It seems USAA has some internal issues to resolve so I'll give them some time to sort it out.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Robert Maine
    Robert Maine Member ✭✭
    Yeah, did that three times yesterday and no joy, once on the phone with USAA and they I think were working the issue but apparently still no solution. By three times I mean I deactivated all USAA accounts and started over it gave me the same "New" logon and Pin each time but would never move past entering the connect radial, it would then take me to the express web connect process.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    @jrich75
    After speaking with USAA Website Technical Support earlier this morning I'm doing the exact same thing with my single credit card.  Oh by the way, USAA opened a trouble ticket for me so if I call back next week I have something to refer to...I was going to say this is a nightmare but that maybe over the top.  Instead I'll just say I'm not having fun.  
  • fmashby
    fmashby Member
    The second agent, with whom I spoke, knew about the issue and said that they were working on it and would put a ticket in for me. They did not give me a new login or PIN as the website suggested.
    As I was speaking with her, I tried the recommended method of adding and it appeared to work. Interestingly, the card numbers did not match, but I linked the issuer, i.e., Mastercard to Mastercard and Visa to Visa, and they matched. The USAA agents do not seem to have the information, except that it is not working.
  • orenb
    orenb Member
    -Received the 220 error for a couple of days.
    -Followed the instructions from Quicken help to deactivate then reactivate to USAA Federal Savings Bank -New
    -As a poster above had happen it reactivated to a USAA account number I do not have but downloaded to this new account up to date correct information to Quicken from the deactivated account.
    -I called USAA and the new account number is associated with my name but I have no credit card with this.number. Suggested waiting 48 hours and trying to reactivate the de3activated account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    iusdcm1 said:
    The solution worked for me on desktop, but on quicken mobile it says there is a usaa connectivity error: swipe to fix. When I swipe it just says "to connect to your account you must go to the website for usaa federal savings bank and log in and complete any required actions. There is nothing on USAA re this?????
    What does this mean?
    I don't use Quicken Mobile/Web so this is just a guess, but it seems to me that the "login information" comes from the Desktop.  And with everything going on here with the changing of everything certainly the first thing to make sure you have done is a sync, but that might not be enough.  You probably should try:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> Reset your cloud data
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    This worked for me.
  • Michael G
    Michael G Member
    Thank you Community. After two days of trying to repair my USAA / Quicken connection, I finally got things back online and re-running.

The key for me was Wayne116’s reminder. I.e. you must erase the box "Financial Institution" under Account Details, General tab. (Like another community member, somehow that box got populated with “zzz-USAA Federal Savings Bank”). As mentioned you will not be able to edit this box unless you first Deactivate using the Online Services tab. In my case I have a half-dozen USAA accounts so I had to deactivate the online feature and erase the Financial Institution box in each and every account.

Next was the “Add Account” procedure as detailed by Chris_QPW in related conversation. Quicken found / matched all my USAA accounts, so I changed them from the "Add" option to the "Link To" option. Once linked, everything seems to be running normally once again. Bonus . . . the bogus “zzz-USAA Federal Savings Bank” financial institution is gone from the One Step Update window.

Thanks all. Best regards to the Community still working thru this fiasco.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    nancymvy said:
    Your solution to deactivate worked, but you say to 'Add Account' which didn't work. It didn't bring up the USAA choice you showed at all. And also confused why you want us to add a new account - I have been using that same checking account for 20+ years and don't want a new one. Just want to re-initiate the download process for my current account.
    The goal is to get to this screen:

You need to get to this screen so that you can do a search for USAA.  You have to do a search because "USAA Federal Savings Bank -New" isn't tied to that button, the old way of logging in is.
    Here is an example of that search:

If you just deactivate your accounts and then reactivate you won't get the first dialog because the financial institution will still be set to "zzz - USAA Federal Savings Bank" and it use that to bypass this screen where you can search.  You can clear out the financial institution name after deactivating, and then reactivate and get the same thing.

The important part isn't that the dialog says "add account" it is after you get logged in and it shows you the accounts that you link them to the correct accounts.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a lot of blaming Quicken Inc for these problems and such, which is miss placed.  There is definitely a lot of things "in flux" and Quicken Inc might have a part in some of this that doesn't work, but clearly they didn't "cause this problem".

I'm going to put in a description of basically what I think the process is and maybe it will help people.  Most likely it will quickly get lost in this long thread, but here it goes.

First off is the financial institution (USAA) that decided on the change.  Quicken Inc can't tell a financial institution "change you login process" from using the customer Id and PIN to using an generated Access Code and Access PIN.

If you look at USAA's website they even say this:

Clearly USAA wants to change their login processes to make them more secure and such.  Direct Connect seem to be their first "target".

So once they decide they got with Intuit and Quicken Inc to make it happen.
    Intuit is the involved because they provide the service of coordinating such activities.  It is their server that gives Quicken the list of financial institutions, the URL to use, and what services are provided:
    https://ofx-prod-filist.intuit.com/qw2800/data/fidir.txt

Now I don't know how much Quicken Inc has to do in this process to get the dialogs for prompting for the login information.  I'm sure a lot of it is provided by some set of data that might even come from Intuit/the financial institution, but clearly it gets changed, and as far as I can see that part of it is right.  As in you see a text and a link telling you that you need to request the Access Code/Access PIN.  And it does seem to go the the right URL, because once you get logged in the proper webpage does come up.

Now there seems to be more things in flux.  First off the mention of changing account numbers.  Again this is only something that USAA could do.  Why they would change them I have no idea, but it seems that with careful linking to the correct account in Quicken it all works (at least some have reported that in this thread).

Another thing that has changed since yesterday.  Yesterday the financial institution name was "USAA Federal Savings Bank" and now it is "zzz - USAA Federal Savings Bank".  This is a common practice.  When a financial institution name is to no longer be used Intuit puts zzz - in front of it.  That is the big clue that you need to change it to the "new one".  Why that wasn't done yesterday, I don't know.

BTW @Quicken Sarah when possible Quicken Inc should change the USAA button to point to the new financial institution entry.
    Signature:
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is the new account numbers that concern me.  From my experience yesterday, this does not seem to be an intentional change by USAA.  So if the account numbers USAA is now assigning to account connections are incorrect, then I would prefer to wait for USAA to resolve it's internal problems before re-connecting.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Edward
    Edward Member ✭✭
    I followed the directions provided by Chris_QPW on Jan 27. The procedure worked for only one of my two USAA accounts. On the USAA screen where your accounts are listed, one account was going to be linked while the second account provided no means for completing the link. I clicked OK on that screen and One Step Update worked for that account only. I then attempted to repeat the procedure for the second account. On the first attempt Quicken locked up and I had to kill it thru Task Manager. When I restarted Quicken and attempted to do One Step Update I was presented with a new screen asking for passwords to the two accounts. One account was the NEW USAA account and one was for the OLD USAA account (remember 2 accounts involved). A "password" was requested. After much trial and error I discovered that the ACCESS PIN (provided by USAA) not a PASSWORD would work. I'm still not done figuring out this mess....I NEED A STIFF DRINK!!
  • orenb
    orenb Member
    I have discovered that now when I try "Add Account" Quicken sees an old account # from several years ago ( in post above I didn't recognize the # but did find it in hidden accounts). This is no longer an active account but is the only choice presented in Quicken to use. As others above mentioned, selecting this old account # does set up an account in Quicken with that old # and download the data from my current account.
  • joturnage
    joturnage Member ✭✭
    Let's just say for the sake of argument that I possess basic motor skills and average intelligence. I have done every single thing recommended on this board and NONE of it has worked. I even started a whole new quicken file as a test just to see if any of these steps to connect to USAA would work. They didn't. Anyone at Quicken care to chime in with an actual solution that actually works?
  • Richard Troy
    Richard Troy Member ✭✭
    > @nancymvy said:
    > Your solution to deactivate worked, but you say to 'Add Account' which didn't work. It didn't bring up the USAA choice you showed at all. And also confused why you want us to add a new account - I have been using that same checking account for 20+ years and don't want a new one. Just want to re-initiate the download process for my current account.

When connecting to New Account, click Advanced Options and select Direct Connect. On the next page, when connecting, use the drop down window to select your currently named account.

One issue some of us are having is with multiple accounts, as the given credit card numbers don't match the real ones.

Also, in my case, the download attempt only works once. The second download generates an OL-301-A. (USAA issue).
  • explorer03
    explorer03 Member ✭✭
    I have tired everything recommended here and it still does not work. I spent two hours on the phone yesterday with Quicken Customer Support and was unable to get things working. I was told to call back this morning which I did and we tried for another hour without success.

I was advised Quicken is working the issue and to give it 48 hours.

I also talked with USAA and they said my Quicken is authorized access. Time to wait and see
  • TurboGreg
    TurboGreg Member
    Well that was painful. One of the institutions (Quicken or USAA) should have warned the populace this was coming. Who made the change?
  • rechis
    rechis Member ✭✭
    Deactivating and Adding the USAA-new worked for me except that the downloaded transactions are reversed... a paycheck deposit shows up as a payment, not a deposit. It would appear that Quicken is not interpreting the data that it is receiving correctly.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rechis said:
    Deactivating and Adding the USAA-new worked for me except that the downloaded transactions are reversed... a paycheck deposit shows up as a payment, not a deposit. It would appear that Quicken is not interpreting the data that it is receiving correctly.
    I'm seeing this too.  Since this is different from the actual conversion I have started another thread for this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887428/usaa-downloads-are-now-reversed
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TurboGreg said:
    Well that was painful. One of the institutions (Quicken or USAA) should have warned the populace this was coming. Who made the change?
    See my post above:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20149727/#Comment_20149727
    Signature:
  • Very puzzling. The deactivation and adding USAA-new worked, but the account numbers are not my actual account numbers, though the transactions appear to be correct. Old transactions downloaded back several months, but now I'll have to keep the old Quicken accounts visible to look back for historical entries. This is so very irritating. Bad enough we have to keep paying for these "new" versions with incessant updates for meaningless trivia, when a serious issue like this with USAA pops up, WHY can't Quicken step up and fix it centrally?...I'm really really eager for a competitor to come up with a better program!
  • Stephanie E.
    Stephanie E. Member ✭✭
    @rechis Yes! This happened to me too! Obviously the entry is categorized incorrectly. Had to delete the downloaded transaction and just use the scheduled income entry I already had in there (couldn't match them). Hoping they figure this part out soon.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭
    Is there anyone who has had success downloading (and linking) their USAA Visa Credit Card?  When I say "linking" that means the downloaded USAA Visa CC has the SAME account number as your current Visa card.  If so, please share.  BTW, all I have been able to accomplish is downloading a Visa card with a different account number than my current card.