Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

USAA - "New" USAA Bank Option Does Not Show Up

1235»

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited January 29 Accepted Answer
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues with USAA, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.

There is a new update on the USAA alert, available here that contains additional details.

If you are experiencing any of the issues detailed in the alert, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem to assist our teams in the investigation.

Please include in the subject, which issue/error you are experiencing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • pjpaustin
    pjpaustin Member
    I was not having any issues with Quicken and USAA until the last upgrade of Quicken. It's been several days now. What's the plan for getting this issue resolved?
  • JennyC
    JennyC Member
    I followed directions and the link is not active
  • pjpaustin
    pjpaustin Member
    I've read your statement. Please get just this issue resolved. Thank you.
  • fmashby
    fmashby Member
    I followed the directions and it worked last night. Today, it no longer works. I am now getting the error message OL-294-A.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone needs to just wait.  It is clear that USAA is working on the problems and the system will be up and down as they do that.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • esparker
    esparker Member ✭✭
    I finally got all the way through the instructions with all my USAA Accounts as vest I could. I still have one checking account that does not show up on the list of accounts from USAA when I connect, and my main checking account balance is WAYYY off. A brief review seemed to show I am now missing deposit transactions back at least a year, and I have the reversed transactions (deposits are withdraws and vice versa) issue as well. It is probably going to take many hours to try and reconcile the data now, as that account has been active in Quicken since 2008.
  • After I obtained & entered my ACCESS ID and ACCESS PIN and USAA confirmed Quicken was connected to the account I got another dialog box asking me for my pin again and I reentered my ACCESS PIN again but then got dialog asking if I mistyped the login which I didn't & have retried multiple times but without success
  • OscarVB
    OscarVB Member ✭✭
    Hi, flocculus,

Based on your IPs, it looks like you're trying to access the new PIN server from outside the US. This was an issue for me from South Africa, too. I turned on my VPN, connected to a US server, retried the PIN-obtaining process and hey, presto! it worked. Got my PIN and re-connected my accounts. Note that you will have to VPN through a US server EVERY TIME you download transactions now, or One Step Update will throw an error. These are the new "security rules" of the new USAA server.

VERY convenient from a bank that deals with thousands of military and civilian govt employees stationed overseas! :/

-OscarVB

> @flocculus said:
    > I'm attempting this process. I get to the point of clicking the "Get Access ID and Pin" link, but that results in the browser error below. When I log into usaa.com, I get no information about Quicken. Any ideas?
    >
    >
    > Access denied
    > Error 16
    > df3cx-services.1fsapi.com
    > 2021-01-29 02:02:39 UTC
    > What happened?
    > This request was blocked by the security rules
    > Your IP: 174.94.67.158
    > Proxy IP: 45.60.171.211 (ID 101228-100)
    > Incident ID: 1228000300107285107-329596018008786829
    >
  • orenb
    orenb Member
    Still happening:
    -When reactivating accounts, the Add Account window may display a different/alternate account number.

Still displaying an old USAA credit card #. As mentioned if I accept this it downloads data from my current credit card.
  • Process to update credentials worked a couple of days ago. Today, updates aren't working. I tried the "account reset" option in the "edit account details". Got this message.

What business tells it's customers to "wait a few days and try again"?

Why couldn't Quicken and/or USAA give me a heads up this was coming? They always manage to email me when it's time for subscription renewal.
  • wernerpels
    wernerpels Member ✭✭
    I'm back to sporadic "not working" ... after a few days of being ok again. I even experienced a reversal of the condition where USAA downloads were showing deposits as charges. Hooray! Now I get "error OL-294". Make that "got". Tried it once more ... and the error went away.
    What a life!
  • Hookerd
    Hookerd Member
    After going through the recovery steps transactions were downloaded to the wrong visa account. Tried to deactivate this old account and activate the new one but it doesn't appear on USAA's list of my accounts... Appears that USAA and Quicken are overwhelmed now so I'm giving up for today. It's too nice outside!
  • Ecurb
    Ecurb Member
    Woo Hoo! Worked. Deactivated all accounts, removed usaa name from quicken financial institution field, activated online, selected USAA-new, got id+pin, tried twice to get id+pin to work ;-), linked accounts, got all my missing updates. Whew! Then did an update for all accounts, and USAA failed saying "try again later." Like Quicken, I continue to use USAA for historical reasons, but I tell my two early 20s kids to not feel obligated to stick with usaa or quicken and look for institutions that are online savy and care enough to provide good proactive service.
  • BAKanyon74
    BAKanyon74 Member ✭✭
    I updated Quicken per the instructions received to access the new USAA servers. The connection with USAA worked fine until Quicken updated the software and the USAA updates stopped. The Quicken software has been updated again and I was hoping that this would resolve the problem but it hasn't. I've contacted USAA and they claim the issue has nothing to do with them, as Quicken has connected and confirmed the proper access codes are in place.

What gives?
  • kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member
    Same with me.
  • blackcoffee
    blackcoffee Member
    My Fix. I think part of the problem is the password vault. It appears that the password vault does not completely recognize USAA -NEW as a different financial institution. So, even though you can initially connect, you still have problems downloading.

My Recommendation:
    1. Delete the password vault completely.
    2 Follow the new steps:
    a. deactivate all USAA accounts
    b. Remove USAA name from general tab
    3. Close and restart Quicken
    4. Choose a USAA account, enter USAA FSB - New as the institution
    5. Click advanced and choose DIRECT CONNECTION
    6. If you get a screen asking what type of account to add, you are on the right track.
    7. Follow Activation, be sure to use ACCESS ID and ACCESS PIN
    If you get a request for a second PIN, it is trying to log into the old USAA servers.
    8. If it links, you should see your list of USAA account:
    WARNING: BE CAREFUL
    Even if the far right column shows link to existing, it will not link to the correct account. If you check, the account name in the Quicken Account column (column 3) will just be a repeat of the USAA Account name. Manually link each USAA account to the Quicken Account. You should see them in the drop down list.
    9. This should work, but you need to recreate your password vault.

It does not appear that quicken uniquely identifies USAA FSB - New in all configurations that require the financial institution. I really do think the Password vault is part of the problem. I also believe closing and reopening the program after deleting the vault and the institutions helps.
  • grs883
    grs883 Member ✭✭
    My USAA connections stopped working after a Quicken update that installed this morning. I logged onto my USAA account with Firefox and checked my security preferences. Quicken has been removed as an attached application. No fix yet.
  • grs883
    grs883 Member ✭✭
    USAA transactions are mostly downloading again as usual. Still receiving an unknown error with a credit card account. I applied a Quicken update this morning. For the next two hours, I could not download transactions from my USAA accounts. I got different errors with each attempt. USAA told me I could no longer use Quicken to download transactions, but this does not seem to be the case.
  • BAKanyon74
    BAKanyon74 Member ✭✭
    A slightly different fix than "blackcoffee".

Deactivated each USAA account and then re-established the connection using the access id and pin.

Worked for three of my accounts, but now Quicken refuses to list, recognize or connect to my fourth USAA account (a credit card account).

After closing Quicken and restarting the program I was then able to add the fourth account.

Definitely a Quicken problem. Seems the updates are corrupting the password vault (or the data formats being stored in the password vault).

I hope I don't have to go through this same process every time Quicken decides to update the program. Just not good enough.
  • NoVABill
    NoVABill Member
    Feb 7: I am still being taken to a page that says "USAA now requires a PIN. Enter PIN or 0000 if none required." I've followed all the instructions, obtained new Access ID & Access Pin, deactivated, selected USAA FSB - New. When I try to Direct Connect I get a screen saying "USAA now requires a Pin. Enter your Pin." I've entered every combination of existing User ID, Pwd, Pin, and 0000. No luck. Appreciate any advice! Any resolution out there?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    NoVABill said:
    When I try to Direct Connect I get a screen saying "USAA now requires a Pin. Enter your Pin.
    Are you really sure that you are using Direct Connect?
    In my testing it is using Express Web Connect that causes the prompting for the PIN/0000 dialog.

OR if you selected the USAA icon:

This is the dialog that comes up:

Make sure you are selecting Direct Connect.

Express Web Connect (which isn't very reliable) takes the website username and password and your website PIN (not the new Access PIN), that is why no matter what PIN you put in it fails.  Because you either need to be using Direct Connect, Access ID, and Access PIN OR Express Web Connect, website username, password and PIN(This is the extra PIN dialog).
    Signature:
  • BAKanyon74
    BAKanyon74 Member ✭✭
    Well, my connection to USAA has been working for three days and it has now stopped working. Again.
  • BAKanyon74
    BAKanyon74 Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > There seems to be a lot of blaming Quicken Inc for these problems and such, which is miss placed.  There is definitely a lot of things "in flux" and Quicken Inc might have a part in some of this that doesn't work, but clearly they didn't "cause this problem".
    >
    > I'm going to put in a description of basically what I think the process is and maybe it will help people.  Most likely it will quickly get lost in this long thread, but here it goes.
    >
    > First off is the financial institution (USAA) that decided on the change.  Quicken Inc can't tell a financial institution "change you login process" from using the customer Id and PIN to using an generated Access Code and Access PIN.
    >
    > If you look at USAA's website they even say this:
    >
    >
    >
    > Clearly USAA wants to change their login processes to make them more secure and such.  Direct Connect seem to be their first "target".
    >
    > So once they decide they got with Intuit and Quicken Inc to make it happen.
    > Intuit is the involved because they provide the service of coordinating such activities.  It is their server that gives Quicken the list of financial institutions, the URL to use, and what services are provided:
    > https://ofx-prod-filist.intuit.com/qw2800/data/fidir.txt
    >
    > Now I don't know how much Quicken Inc has to do in this process to get the dialogs for prompting for the login information.  I'm sure a lot of it is provided by some set of data that might even come from Intuit/the financial institution, but clearly it gets changed, and as far as I can see that part of it is right.  As in you see a text and a link telling you that you need to request the Access Code/Access PIN.  And it does seem to go the the right URL, because once you get logged in the proper webpage does come up.
    >
    > Now there seems to be more things in flux.  First off the mention of changing account numbers.  Again this is only something that USAA could do.  Why they would change them I have no idea, but it seems that with careful linking to the correct account in Quicken it all works (at least some have reported that in this thread).
    >
    > Another thing that has changed since yesterday.  Yesterday the financial institution name was "USAA Federal Savings Bank" and now it is "zzz - USAA Federal Savings Bank".  This is a common practice.  When a financial institution name is to no longer be used Intuit puts zzz - in front of it.  That is the big clue that you need to change it to the "new one".  Why that wasn't done yesterday, I don't know.
    >
    > BTW @Quicken Sarah when possible Quicken Inc should change the USAA button to point to the new financial institution entry.

Come on Chris,

USAA updating their security is a good thing.

The fact that I've updated the settings in Quicken numerous times, had it work temporarily and then stop seems to place the problem directly in the hands of Quicken, not USAA, especially when it happens after a Quicken software update.

I just want a reliable service (of which you are now charging a premium for) and it is not being delivered and problems addressed. Deflection by the mods and the call centre is not resolving the problem.
  • BAKanyon74
    BAKanyon74 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report these issues with USAA, although I apologize for any frustration that this has caused.
    >
    >  There is a new update on the USAA alert, available here that contains additional details.
    >
    > If you are experiencing any of the issues detailed in the alert, please open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem to assist our teams in the investigation.
    >
    > Please include in the subject, which issue/error you are experiencing.
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -Quicken Tyka

I have followed all the recommendations in this thread, followed the instructions provided by Quicken, reset my USAA accounts multiple times and sent numerous reports as you have requested.

When is Quicken going to address this ongoing issue?

Kind regards,
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
     Come on Chris,

USAA updating their security is a good thing.

The fact that I've updated the settings in Quicken numerous times, had it work temporarily and then stop seems to place the problem directly in the hands of Quicken, not USAA, especially when it happens after a Quicken software update.

I just want a reliable service (of which you are now charging a premium for) and it is not being delivered and problems addressed. Deflection by the mods and the call centre is not resolving the problem.
    Well you are wrong.  Quicken Inc seems to be doing everything that they can, but if USAA is sending the wrong things or turning off there servers there isn't anything Quicken Inc can do about it.

The logs prove that these things are happening and this information is coming straight from USAA.  What's more I can use a network sniffer to prove that the logs are in fact correct.

BTW Quicken did change the USAA button to point to the new information.  Like I said, I do believe that Quicken Inc is doing all they can.

As for the fact that that an update to Quicken has come in near the time this has happened is pure coincidental.  Given humans desire to connect things that happen near the same time, and given the fact that Quicken Inc has been putting out patches almost every week lately then it isn't any surprise that every problem anyone has is being blamed on these patches, whether they have anything to do with their problem or not.
    Signature:
  • rlajr2001
    rlajr2001 Member
    > @flocculus said:
    > I'm attempting this process. I get to the point of clicking the "Get Access ID and Pin" link, but that results in the browser error below. When I log into usaa.com, I get no information about Quicken. Any ideas?
    >
    >
    > Access denied
    > Error 16
    > What happened?
    >

I'm getting this error too..... any resolution?
    I'm residing outside the USA.... does that have anything to do with the error?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    rlajr2001 said:
    > @flocculus said:
    >
    >
    > Access denied
    > Error 16
    > What happened?
    >

I'm getting this error too..... any resolution?
    I'm residing outside the USA.... does that have anything to do with the error?
    I'm afraid that is exactly what the problem is.

The full URL that it is taking you to is:
    https://df3cx-services.1fsapi.com/casm/usaa/enroll

And it is the USAA website that is blocking you.  There are only two things I think you can do in this situation.  One would be to use a VPN that gives you US address or somehow convince USAA to stop blocking your IP address. 
    Signature: