Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Paying bills thru PNC bank failed to register action in Quicken

When "update" ran, I received an "error" message with no error ID number and the transaction showed as "not sent". PNC tier 3 support said the transactions had, in fact, been processed, but Quicken did not register them. There is no manual override in Quicken to show them paid. Now what???

Answers

• Hello @Fred Glock

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is interesting that your payments don't mark as sent. I believe this is through direct connect as well correct? There is no way to mark them manually paid so I would advise in making a manual transaction with the exact same information then deleting the payments but before doing that I would wait for the payments to clear on the banks side. 

Is this the first time having this happen as well? Any additional detailswill give us a better idea.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Fred Glock
    Fred Glock Member ✭✭
    Thank you Francisco. While this doesn't answer the question, I trust that the problem gets into the queue for further action by Quicken support. To answer your query, I entered the transactions as usual in the register and performed "update". You are correct that it is "direct connect". As mentioned, I received an "error" message with no identifying number to report. I opened the account just now and the transactions were not showing. I called PNC - tier 3 - once again and was told that the transactions indeed had been received but will not show in the account until they are accepted by the payee, some weeks away. Since I can't change the status manually, I have no record they are paid (other than verbal) and can only believe all will be well. This is unacceptable. Your solution of making a manual transaction is no better than the banks verbal statement until the transactions are visible in the account. This needs more action between Quicken and PNC.