Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Update Results for Some Financial Institutions Missing from One Step Update Summary

At some point earlier this month the One Step Update Summary stopped showing the update results for some of my financial institutions. I verified I selected all accounts in One Step Update Settings. After clicking "Update Now" I see in the One Step Update Progress window that the update runs for all of the financial institutions selected. After the update completes the One Step Update Summary shows results for only some of the financial institutions. It first started earlier in January when I ran an update for only two of the institutions. From that point forward only those two showed up in the summary. Today a third showed up in the summary after I deactivated the update for one of my accounts with USAA Bank to switch to Express Web Connect to address a currently reported issue with USAA Bank. I'm currently running on version R31.8, Build 27.1.31.8 for Windows. This issue was also occurring prior to the update.

Comments

• dwtrux
    dwtrux Member ✭✭
    noticed the same thing. Tried to reset accounts and get nowhere.
  • Todd Davis
    Todd Davis Member
    I am experiencing the same issue. My Credit card accounts are not being updated with One Step Update. When I log into a CC website I can download the transactions.
  • Globaljenks
    Globaljenks Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar issue. I just upgraded to version R31.8. Prior to the upgrade I didn't have any issues. Now I receive an OL-220-A error message on my USAA accounts when using One step Update. My Schwab accounts continue to download normally. I deactivated one USAA account and tried to reestablish it but failed, receiving the same error message. Efforts to reset the accounts also failed.
  • accier
    accier Member
    Same issue, looks like Express Web Connect last updated correctly on 1/22/21
  • geewhizgc
    geewhizgc Member
    I have the same issue. None of the Direct Connect accounts show up in the summary like they used to.
  • Kabemom
    Kabemom Member
    Same problem. When using one step update it appears that it's updating, says update complete but no transactions are displayed and account data doesn't change.
  • ron2ba
    ron2ba Member
    I'm missing the download update for two accounts in my local bank. This just started happening sometime toward the end of January.
  • ron2ba
    ron2ba Member
    I am running version R31.8 build 27.1.31.8 - sometime toward the end of January I stopped receiving update summaries for my local bank when using the express web connect one-step update.
  • bernien99
    bernien99 Member ✭✭
    Having a very similar problem. Version R31.8 Build 27.1.31.8. After update, doesn't seem like all institutions are being pulled during One Step Update. Appears to be with Express Web Connect institutions
  • bernien99
    bernien99 Member ✭✭
    Additional Information - If I try to do an update on just one of the institutions that is missing from the OSU, the connection log shows Mini-OSU start and Mini-OSU end with no log entries in between
  • Edward L mott
    Edward L mott Member ✭✭
    :s Same problem. When using one step update it appears that it's updating, says update complete but no transactions are displayed and account data doesn't change.
  • bkaczmarek
    bkaczmarek Member ✭✭
    My issue seems a little different.

For me, OSU seems to run fine.

Problems seems to be just on the OSU SUMMARY screen.

(And only on one of my two files - mine works fine; my parents' has the issue.)

OSU runs fine: shows the three accounts; three accounts all show as updating -- all seems fine.

But then the One Step Update SUMMARY screen displays only one of the three accounts. I would expect to see all three accounts listed on the Summary screen.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue.

There have been some changes to the update process. To learn more, I would take a moment to review the previous discussions available here and here. Do any of these previous discussions offer any insight into the issues being experienced? 

You may also consider adding your vote to the Idea post available here.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bkaczmarek
    bkaczmarek Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka Thanks for the suggestion - I've looked thru the two discussion links, but unfortunately I don't see any clear connection.

What IS clear to me is:

(1) Every time I switch between my file and my parents' file, the Vanguard connection gives an error THE VERY FIRST TRY. But then it works successfully EVERY TIME time afterward. That is, UNTIL I SWITCH FILES again. Then, again, Vanguard fails the very first time and works fine ever afterward.

(2) The SUMMARY screen for OSU works differently between my file and my parents' file. Works well on one; not so much on the other.

- my parents OSU shows 3 financial institutions as they update successfully. But then the SUMMARY displays only the 1 financial institution that uses Express Web Connect. [The other 2 financial institutions are not mentioned on the SUMMARY -- is it a coincidence that both of them are Direct Connect?]

- in contrast, using my file, the OSU shows 6 financial institutions as they update successfully. As expected, the SUMMARY also shows 6 financial institutions. [Btw 2 of them are Express Web Connect and 4 of them are Direct Connect.]

So why doesn't the SUMMARY page for my parents' file also display all three financial institutions that are successful? 1 is EWC, was successful and is listed; 2 are DC, were successful, but are AWOL from the SUMMARY list .
  • bkaczmarek
    bkaczmarek Member ✭✭
    > @bkaczmarek said:
    > @Quicken_Tyka Thanks for the suggestion - I've looked thru the two discussion links, but unfortunately I don't see any clear connection.

p.s. in case an image is helpful:
  • Globaljenks
    Globaljenks Member ✭✭
    Subsequent to my 28 January post, I followed Quicken guidance: deactivated all USAA accounts, received a USAA ACCESS ID and ACCESS PIN from USAA and successfully reactivated and downloaded my accounts. This was on 30 January. Unfortunately, as of today (Monday) they no longer work and I'm receiving a OL-294-A error message when I attempt to download. I repeated the above procedure (deactivate-reactivate) per Quicken guidance but it didn't change anything and I continue to receive an OL-294-A error message. I am therefore currently unable to access my USAA accounts via Quicken. I can however access them by logging directly into USAA. Again I'm using Quicken version R31.8.
  • bkaczmarek
    bkaczmarek Member ✭✭
    Subsequent to my Jan 30 posts, i just noticed that the Account List is also missing dates for LAST DOWNLOAD, for my parents' two Direct Connect sessions. (In case that info is helpful.) image
  • bkaczmarek
    bkaczmarek Member ✭✭
    ditto GlobalJenks' experience for USAA. (as he posted an hour ago, above)

I reset and am now getting OL-294-A for USAA
  • ed.kabat
    ed.kabat Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > There have been some changes to the update process. To learn more, I would take a moment to review the previous discussions available here and here. Do any of these previous discussions offer any insight into the issues being experienced? 

After reading through the referenced posts, they helped only in clarifying for me the scope of this new issue. The OSU Summary is showing results only for the FIs set to EWC. Nothing shows in the OSU Summary for FIs set to DC. That's an annoyance in that I don't see the completed update results for the DC FIs, and definitely a problem when connection errors occur. This is clearly a loss of previously reliable functionality, and it slows down the troubling shooting and resolution process when DC connection errors occur.
  • Globaljenks
    Globaljenks Member ✭✭
    Update to my 1 February note:

If I follow Quicken guidance - deactivate all USAA accounts, input the USAA provided ACCESS ID and ACCESS PIN, and reactivate the accounts - I am able to successfully download and update my accounts.

KEY OBSERVATION: However, something is resetting, likely overnight, and in the morning (I'm EST) when try to download I again receive an OL-294-A error message.

I now have to repeat this process daily if I'm to download my USAA information into Quicken.

I'm using Quicken version R31.8.
  • Globaljenks
    Globaljenks Member ✭✭
    > @Globaljenks said:
    > Update to my 1 February note:
    >
    > If I follow Quicken guidance - deactivate all USAA accounts, input the USAA provided ACCESS ID and ACCESS PIN, and reactivate the accounts - I am able to successfully download and update my accounts.
    >
    > KEY OBSERVATION: However, something is resetting, likely overnight, and in the morning (I'm EST) when try to download I again receive an OL-294-A error message.
    >
    > I now have to repeat this process daily if I'm to download my USAA information into Quicken.
    >
    > I'm using Quicken version R31.8.

CORRECTION: I'm using Quicken Version 31.12
  • Globaljenks
    Globaljenks Member ✭✭
    Another wrinkle. As of this morning USAA provided a new ACCESS ID and ACCESS PIN. Using the same procedure as above, after pressing "connect" Quicken then asked for yet another PIN. I tried using both the new ACCESS PIN and my USAA 4-number PIN. Both resulted in my receiving a message asking if I'd forgotten my login information. I now have no access at all.
  • jchenowith
    jchenowith Member
    I am having the same issue as Globaljenks