Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Home and Business 2017 opening screen stutters on and off, does not run.

Tried to install from valid CD in Bootcamp running Windows 10. Checked compatibility with Windows 8, and ran as administrator. Ran both the MSI and Quicken uninstall and clean programs beforehand. Clicking QW.exe produces the Quicken start screen which rapidly closes to the desktop, then reopens, repeating continuously. Will Mondo patch R20.5 help? If I download it, do I leave the patch on desktop or put it into the Quicken folder?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Tried to install from valid CD in Bootcamp running Windows 10. Checked compatibility with Windows 8, and ran as administrator. Ran both the MSI and Quicken uninstall and clean programs beforehand. Clicking QW.exe produces the Quicken start screen which rapidly closes to the desktop, then reopens, repeating continuously. Will Mondo patch R20.5 help? If I download it, do I leave the patch on desktop or put it into the Quicken folder?

Yes, installing the 2017 R 20.5 Mondo Patch file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2017-patches.html should help. Download and save it to your Download (or Download Files) folder, not the Desktop or any other Program Files subfolder.
    For future reference, consider saving the mondo file to a CD or USB stick or external drive, in case you need to reinstall again.

• desertbanker
    desertbanker Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for super quick ( no pun intended) and helpful response. Installed patch, rebooted and stutter problem persisted. However, when the program asked if I wanted to enable Bind Content, I didn’t accept it..... and Quicken opened properly!!
    All that now remains is to transfer data from old Quicken 2011 program....
    Thanks again.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to double click the Mondo patch to install it.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Yes, installing the 2017 R 20.5 Mondo Patch file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2017-patches.html should help. Download and save it to your Download (or Download Files) folder, not the Desktop or any other Program Files subfolder.
    For future reference, consider saving the mondo file to a CD or USB stick or external drive, in case you need to reinstall again.

• desertbanker
    desertbanker Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for super quick ( no pun intended) and helpful response. Installed patch, rebooted and stutter problem persisted. However, when the program asked if I wanted to enable Bind Content, I didn’t accept it..... and Quicken opened properly!!
    All that now remains is to transfer data from old Quicken 2011 program....
    Thanks again.