Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I am experiencing recurring errors when entering investment transactions manually.

This has been ongoing with various accounts for 3 months or more. I am fed up. I have used Quicken for Windows for probably 20 years. If this cannot be resolved, I am leaving.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @epitts500,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with manual investment transactions.  If you can give us some additional information about what those errors are, when they occur, and exactly what happens, we'll do our best to help you. Also, please tell us which versions of both Quicken and windows you are using.

Looking forward to hearing more details from you.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understand, in the main you're talking to other users, not "Quicken." 
    Everyday, I'd guess, somebody posts something similar to what you've stated here.  I'm not sure such threats do much good unless lots and lots of people are posting similar threats because they are all having the  exact same problem, and that doesn't seem to be the case here.
    I too have been using Quicken from the days of DOS, with the same file over all that time, but I'm not experiencing recurring errors when entering investment transactions manually.  Since there are not a lot of posts with the same complaint, this suggests some "local" problem, which might be due to file corruption, maybe "syncing", maybe something else.
    You might flesh out the details of your errors and post some examples to see if anybody can help.