Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CC-505/105 Errors from Ally Bank downloads

jimaa9mw
jimaa9mw Windows Beta Beta
Over the last several days, I have been consistently getting CC-505 errors when trying to download transactions from Ally Bank.  It seems to persist even when I go directly to the account and do a download on just that one account.  The cycle seems to be .... Waiting... Connecting.... requesting... receiving cycles multiple time but never get a processing response or complete.  Eventually it stops and shows an error message for the 3 accounts associated with Ally.  Occasionally it will work (maybe 1 out of 10).  I don't know if this is an issue on Quicken's end or Ally Bank's end.  I have seen the error occasionally in the past, but have been consistently getting this error for the last few days.

Quicken Version - Seeing on both R31.6 and R31.8.
Windows 10.

Jim
Tagged:

Answers

• I have been successfully downloading Ally transactions for years. The past month every time I to a One Step Update:
    a) I have to enter my user id and password. Why is it no longer pulling that from the vault?
    b) I have to do an authentication by email to continue.
    c) Quicken takes me to the Add Account page, shows me the full list of accounts as if I am setting up this account for the first time, and I have to select a bunch of my accounts and say "Don't Add to Quicken".
    Then it updates normally.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
    Thanks
  • Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @Cindi Anderson,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would suggest deactivating all Ally accounts, performing a Validate & Repair, then re-linking the accounts.

Before we do anything, please backup your File by going to File > Backup and Restore > Back up Quicken File > choose your backup destination > Back up Now

Next, go up to Tools > Account List > click Edit for the first Ally account > Online Services > Deactivate. Then go back to the General tab and delete the Financial Institution Name and Account Number in the upper right-hand corner of the window. Repeat these steps for all Ally accounts.

Once you have deactivated all accounts, go up to File > File Operations > Validate & Repair > check the box for Validate File > OK. Once the validation is complete, you receive a Report about the validation process. Take notice of any necessary change that may need to be made. Close the Report, then close and relaunch Quicken.

When Quicken has relaunched, go up to Tools > Add Account > search for Ally Bank > enter your credentials > Connect. Quicken will discover your accounts with Ally and you will have the ability to Add, Link or Ignore the accounts provided. Carefully go through each account and choose to "Link to an existing Account" then choose the correct account in Quicken.

This process should establish a brand new connection with the Financial Institution and all you to update the transactions for your accounts.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.

Best,
    JV
  • OK, I will, but a couple questions first.
    1. When I link to an existing account, I shouldn't get double entries, correct?
    2. I have a number of accounts which were recently closed and then I "closed" them in QB. I can just choose "ignore" for these, right?
  • Well I did all this, unfortunately now it's a big mess. One of my accounts is off by $361,101.31 and it goes back over 6 years to where I don't even have statements to figure it out. They said they deleted a bunch of transactions that belonged to an account that no longer exists, which isn't true because I've never deleted anything, only closed and inactivated.
  • I've been trying to fix this, thought I just make some adjustments back in 2015 where I don't care about reporting, and it's a mess. Just all kinds of transactions now that don't match what really happened in my bank statements.

So if I revert back to the backup, how else can I solve this without having historical transactions changed?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Cindi Anderson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly by phone on Monday for advanced troubleshooting steps and one on one assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • skhipp
    skhipp Member ✭✭
    I am having Ally bank issues also. I never get an error code. However, when I click on "Update" to run the one step update, I get an error tone on my pc. The one step update does go ahead and run - but it's only picking up about half of my accounts. The other are ignored, but I never get error codes. I have run a validate and a super validate. No difference.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @skhipp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Setup Now), please?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I have CC-505 for Ally Bank for the last 48 hours give or take. Was hoping it was noted by Quicken and I am waiting another day or so before deactivating if I must to clear that error.
  • djmdneri
    djmdneri Member
    I also have a problem with Ally Bank downloads using Express Web Connect. I have been intermittently receiving CC-501 errors over the past several weeks when trying to download transactions. Every now and then it will be successful. The message indicates this is "an error on the Quicken server."
    Quicken V. R31.8 and Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier this month there was a reported problem with Ally Bank, https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7885686/allybank-cc-505-105-error-1-4-21
    If problems continue, please read and follow instructions here: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-505

• cloadlink
    cloadlink Member
    Same CC-505 error for several days. R31.8 Build 27.1.31.8
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tyka posted an alert earlier today that this is a known reported issue. Working again as normal for me tonight.
  • Having consistent Ally Bank download errors this morning as well (Jan 29). I'm on the latest version of Quicken. I tried deactivating, but can't seem to reactivate the account.
  • rcpetro
    rcpetro Member
    I'm having the same issue. no connection to ally since 1/26. deactivated thos morning and now can't reactivate.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am now hung on ALLY (it seems) trying to do a one step update and taking over 10 minutes now. No way to cancel I can tell. Concerned.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, had to kill One Step Update in Task Manager and reopen. This time it DID complete but now the error is CC-502 for Ally.
  • My OSU takes forever as well... Now getting CC-501 errors on my Ally accounts.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    OSU back to normal time and Ally back to CC-505 again.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Has been working for over 3 years.  Just started getting errors trying to download info from Ally Bank last week.  Started before and continues with 6.1.0 update.

When I try to update all accounts, I get the Account Status popup.  As can be seen in the attached screenshot, it says "Ally Blocking Intuit".

I went to "Settings" and tried to "Reset Connection" and got a window saying "AllyBank website may be down" with a button that said "Verify Your Bank".  When I click the button it takes me to the Ally Bank website where I am able to log in.  So it isn't Ally's website.

How do I get this fixed?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Connection has been working for several years.  About a week ago, I started getting an error when I update all accounts.  The error said "Ally Blocking Intuit".  See screen shot.

Today I tried to "Reset Connection" under "Settings" for Ally Bank account.  I got the spinning thing while it tried to connect.  Then a message popped up saying that the website may be down and click the button to visit the website.   I clicked the button, logged into Ally and thus the website isn't down.

How do I get this fixed?  Oh, this happened before I updated to 6.1.0 and continues after updating to 6.1.0

• RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Found this thread from March 2020 with the same issue.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20080227#Comment_20080227

I first made a copy of my file.  Then I deactivated the Ally account and tried to reconnect but it wouldn't connect.

Started a new file from scratch per the thread's suggestion above and tried connecting to Ally Bank.  I get the same error that the website may be down (it isn't).  I've sent the log files.  1st 2 words of the description are: Ally Bank

Please help.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

There is a known issue with Ally Bank, you can visit the alert at the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887424/new-1-28-21-ally-bank-returns-cc-505-105-error#latest

To be notified of any changes or updates, please bookmark the alert by selecting the gold star in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Why did my posts in the Quicken Mac section get moved to this Windows section?  I had to go to my account and comments to find out they had been moved.  After the 1st one disappearing, I created the post again.  Someone should have posted in MY thread that they were being moved/copied to Windows section with a link.  

I was about to create the post again in the Mac section before looking at Discussions and Comments for my account. 
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @RIck

I apologize for the confusion and the frustration. Once you have commented or comment has been moved, you should be notified of any new comments to the post. The update to the post acknowledging the issue should of went to your email to allow you to locate the post. I apologize if this is not what occurred.

When there is a known issue, we try to keep all members that have reported the issue on the same post so we can update everyone at once or locate users easily if we need to gather more information.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Didn't get an email.  And my errors appear to be -28 and ccscrape:105.  Not the CC-505 as indicated in the title of this thread.   No Mac user will find this thread if they get the error that I got.  Not sure how this helps us.  May should have simply posted in my thread that it was a known issue and the link to the Alert.

I made a post over there regarding the thread move with links to this thread and the alert thread.  Maybe it won't get moved.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited January 29
    Hello @RIck

Thank you for the feedback, I have since updated this thread to contain the "105" error to help better describe the topic of this thread. 

I have performed a search using "Ally" and the ongoing alert for the issue can be located as well as this thread. Searching prior to posting is a Top Community Success Tip.

Mac members currently experiencing this issue should be able to locate the alert or these posts with ease.

I am here to help, and to organize the content, as I deem fit to maintain the quality of content in the community. Having multiple threads for the same issue is confusing to members and makes it difficult to communicate to all those affected by the issue. For these reasons, this comment will stay here and will not be separated. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I always search BUT within the Mac sections as I am using MAC software.  I don't want or need to read about all of the Windows issues especially since the specific fix may be specific to the Windows version.

But at least the Ally issue is known and is being worked on.  Thanks
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ally is working again for me. Does not mean much, but....:) Will see if it works again tomorrow.
  • bumgarb
    bumgarb Member ✭✭
    @"Cindi Anderson"
    I have the same issue you described in your original post. I have not tried resolving it yet. Were you able to get this resolved by contacting support directly? Thanks!