Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Online Service not working

I have been using quicken for a long long time.  My online service has worked well with four accounts that I constantly sync with my banks using online service.  Suddenly all of them stopped working with different error messages..   Barclays Bank error CC-899 Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection, Chase OL-297-A, quicken is unable to establish internet connections, Janus same crap.   I spoke to a support individual a couple of days ago and he made me clean up my computer, reinstall Quicken and it did not fix anything.   I also reset all accounts, deactivated accounts etc.  nothing I do fixes the problem.  And it is getting worse.. for Paypal which worked great for a while, when I deactivated the account and I tried to Setup Online, it came back with a message We could not get information about paypal credit card, the account will be setup as manual.

FRUSTRATING.....

Answers

• lglively
    lglively Member
    I have a similar issue. can't connect to my credit union. can't reset the account because quicken cannot establish a connection. this happened a while back also. tech support was some help, but i ended up downloaded the last 3 months from my banks and starting over basically. now I am starting to have the same issue. no downloads for a few days again. I pay for the product and love it when it works.......I need them to resolve this issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would start by taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If after completing these steps, and you still receive this error, contact Quicken Support

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Hi Quicken Tyka, thanks for at least trying to provide a solution. I have been told the same thing many times when I have called your tech support. Wait a day or two and try again.. It has been weeks if not over a month since I am not able to use Online Services. Quicken really needs to find a solution to the problem.. otherwise what is the point of having this software.... thanks
  • mrskillet
    mrskillet Member ✭✭
    Before you contact a financial institution, try this: change the IP address on the computer. One easy way is use a mobile phone hotspot. Disable the hardwire network adapter if applicable, and connect to the hotspot with the wireless adapter. Then perform the updates. After returning to the original network connection setup, it works as normal. I believe these financial institutions will block by IP address for various perceived security issues.
  • Hi Mrskillet, I am using Quicken on a desktop and I don't have a way to connect to my mobile hotspot as I don't have a wireless adapter on my desktop. Would I achieve the same if I Install Quicken in my laptop and do the updates? Can I go back to my desktop after that?
  • mrskillet
    mrskillet Member ✭✭
    I would imagine that could work because, after I use the hotspot once, I return to the normal wired connection and everything connects.