Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Disappearing Credit Card Accounts

I just noticed that some credit card accounts that I've not used in a while have disappeared. I've checked the hidden account list, they're not hidden and I've not manually deleted these accounts. Not knowing exactly when this happened, I don't want to roll back to an older backup. Thoughts on how to recover from this and how to prevent?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SCVol81,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, if none of the accounts can be found from within the current data file, then the only way to restore them would be by restoring a previous backup file that was saved prior to the accounts disappearing.

Therefore I do recommend that you restore a previous backup file to restore the accounts as well as the history in them. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Additionally, once the restoring the backup file and the accounts have been restored, I suggest that you then create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file in an attempt to prevent this issue from reoccurring by following the steps below. 
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja