Fidelity Account Issues in Quicken

This discussion was created from comments split from: Why is Quicken Suddenly Closing after I download transactions?.

Comments

• I added Fidelity Investments and it still closes after download. web connect is checked to stay open. It also will not download some funds dollar amounts in the line idem but will at the bottom of page with totals. Also it chimes ever time I push update. This started after last update. BTW none of the other accounts close after updating transactions.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what is says in your "Transaction Download" column adjacent to each of your Fidelity accounts ... because Fidelity, from their website, doesn't offer the "Web Connect" method of download where YOU initiate the download from their website.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The transaction download said yes(web connect). I add the account through add an account to quicken.
  • NotACPA
    @sudan, are you talking about Fidelity Investments, or Fidelity NetBenefits or some other Fidelity?
    Because neither Fidelity Investments nor Fidelity NetBenefits offers Web Connect, although "Fidelity Advisors" does
  • I had NetBenefits and it downloaded great. Rolled over to Investments and the problems started. After updating Fidelity quicken closes and I have to reopen and no dollar values just the number of shares own, dollar totals at the bottom of the page.
  • NotACPA
    Again, Fidelity Investments doesn't support Web Connect.  See this entry from FIDIR.TXT, the Q file that lists all of the financial institutions that support Q and the means of download that each supports.

Fidelity Investments    http://www.Fidelity.com    (800) 544-7931    http://personal.fidelity.com/misc/partners/quicken/disclaimer.shtml    ACTIVE    INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT        

NOTE, that there is NO "Web Connect" entry, only DIRECT.