Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unknown Account found during file validation operation

I have been getting this message when I validate my quicken DB. It has been going on for probably over a year. I have never had an account "ACCT_13da".

[Sat Jan 30 13:07:08 2021]

File: "E:\CommonShare\OneDrive\STGJWG\Quicken\STGJWG-2021"

QDF:
Validating your data.
Quicken repaired damaged transaction index. No action required.
Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900
"ACCT_13da" 0/ 0/1900

Summary:
Quicken repaired 1 accounts. No action required.

This happens on every validation attempt.

Comments

• Hello @stgordley

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we might have the same issue if we copy and validate the file. This is a good first troubleshooting step to see if we're able to isolate the issue down a bit more. I'll leave the link down below and it'll also be the fourth step on the page.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes. We'll take a look depending on what we're able to find.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue except my account name is ACCT_14340. I am not certain but I have had this for several years and it seems to come and go??
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @darbusa

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend navigating to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue/feedback.

This report will not receive a direct response but the information will be used to investigate and research purposes.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    darbusa said:
    I have the same issue except my account name is ACCT_14340. I am not certain but I have had this for several years and it seems to come and go??

Several years ago, there was a bug in Quicken. During One Step Update, if an error occurred, temporary accounts ACCT_xxxx or TEMP_xxxx would be left behind in the data file. They should have been deleted by OSU.
    The problem was subsequently fixed, but needed a File Validate to remove the temporary accounts.
    Please run Part (2), the file validation steps of Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
    The temporary files should now be gone or, at least, show in Tools / Account List so that you may delete them yourself.