Update R31.8 altered due dates for established bill reminders

JD99
JD99 Member ✭✭
It looks like the update pushed the due dates out three months on many but not all already established bill reminders. Many of my bill reminders kept the correct due dates but several were arbitrarily edited. I cannot find any common denominators except that the altered reminders are zero dollars due (I use these to set up reminders for birthdays).

Answers

• Hello @JD99

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

As this issue occurred after installing the update, I would start by restoring a backup saved prior to the update installing.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once in the restored file, does the behavior persist? Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JD99
    JD99 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Tyka, for your reply. I appreciate the advice, however, I am reluctant to restore to a previous backup since I'd have to re-enter all of the data entered since that last backup.

Thank you and take care,

Jan
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD99 said:
    Thank you, Tyka, for your reply. I appreciate the advice, however, I am reluctant to restore to a previous backup since I'd have to re-enter all of the data entered since that last backup.

Thank you and take care,

Jan
    Hi @JD99

Question: Why is it so long between Manual Backups?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R33.24  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21390.1010
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19043.1052

Note: Holding Down the Shift Key or Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when clicking About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• G33k
    G33k Member
    See post...
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7860856/bill-reminders-skipping-months-still-not-fixed-after-r23-r24-r25/p1
    This issue dates back to September 2019. In December 2020 I created a brand new data file, manually re-entered all my bill reminders and I still have the issue.
    Then I try to contact support... click on the 'Contact Support' button... nothing. I'm sure the 'Premium' Support for $50 will work, but should I have to pay to contact them to fix an ongoing nasty bug??? I want 'Support' for your product and I should not have to PAY you to QA your product and help you fix your bugs.
    Quicken is deciding that I can skip paying some of my monthly bills... but unfortunately they are still due.
    The only temporary fix is to 'Edit' the reminder and move the date back to the correct date. Then is does it again the next month.
    Recreating the reminders does not fix this problem and if you look at most issues on this community site... 'Restore a Backup' is the 'Accepted Solution' (thread closed). Really!?!
    Restoring a backup does NOT fix this problem!!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    please include what version when posting -
    so we can tell new bug from old bug -
    ... Help --> About Quicken
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • JD99
    JD99 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Premier 2020
  • Jessdom3
    Jessdom3 Member ✭✭
    Earlier this month I was surprised to see that two (HUGE) scheduled manual bills in my list had skipped February and were showing the March was the next scheduled date. I chalked this up to somehow accidentally clicking on them to skip a month even though it seemed odd. Today when balancing my account and reviewing upcoming bills, FOUR MORE bills had someone skipped March altogether and were showing due in April. This is a huge problem for someone on a tight budget who relies on the Bill and Income reminders and cash flow forecast. I'm on the latest update and I can see that this has been an issue since AT LEAST 2019. Does anyone know how to fix it? I can't afford to come up short $1,000 AGAIN (or for that matter, making a payment late) due to the software skipping due dates.

Version R31.20 Build 27.1.31.20
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Jessdom3

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if the reminders may be having issues in general. One of the things we can attempt to see is if we duplicate one of your reminders if we experience a similar issue. 

Once you've had a chance to try let us know what you're able to find out. If the duplicates also have similar issues we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• mjeanfreau
    mjeanfreau Member
    I am having the same issue, but bills are skipping weeks. I have paychecks set to every two (2) weeks; however, every time there is an update, the paycheck go to monthly.
  • Jessdom3
    Jessdom3 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Francisco, So you want me to create a new reminder with the same parameters? Should I delete the old reminder so there is no confusion when the register tries to match the transaction?
  • kuhawksr1
    kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭
    Team, this issue has resurfaced and I'm experiencing the same behavior on Premier 2020 R31.20. Reminders are getting randomly skipped and I believe it is happening every time an online sync occurs. Manually setting the reminder date back to the correct date only sticks until the next sync. When this first occurred over a year ago I shared data file and did a screen share with a developer. They determined there was a bug specifically related to yearly reminders. This is a big problem as it will cause users to miss including certain expenses if they are using the calendar, as I am, for cash flow forecasting.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni mod
    Hello @Jessdom3

Thank you for the response! To answer your question, yes I would go ahead and remove the old reminder.

Please let us know if this issue reoccurs with the new duplicated reminder. If the issue does occur, please let us know if you are using the mobile or web application.

Also, please confirm the file location as storing the file in a cloud or network drive may cause this behavior.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • tom.p.gray
    tom.p.gray Member
    I have reminders to pay three different credit card bills monthly and they're scheduled to be paid later this month, on March 12, 14, and 28. (Today is March 5.) Quicken has advanced those to April dates three times this week, making them look like they're not due until April 12, 14, and 28. (I set them back to their March dates as soon as I noticed the problem.)

Another monthly credit card reminder that was set for March 3, which I paid on March 4 and which I immediately verified had advanced to April 3, has today been advanced to May 3.

In another example, a reminder for an annual charitable donation that's scheduled for June 2 has been advanced to Oct 2.

Most of the other reminders, which include monthly bills that are scheduled for later in March, as well as quarterly and annual reminders, are not affected.

This problem has been happening sporadically for about 6 months, but it's suddenly gotten worse this week. I spoke to someone in Support a while back, but he/she could only show me how to reset the date, which I don't need any help doing.

I'm using Quicken for Windows and I update the software with every bug fix that's released. I'm currently on version R31.20, build 27.1.31.20.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    By any chance, are the reminders you're having issues with defined with "Remind me 28 days in advance" or "Auto enter 28 days in advance"?
  • tom.p.gray
    tom.p.gray Member
    Good thought, but no, they're all "Remind me 0 days in advance."
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thought, but no, they're all "Remind me 0 days in advance."

OK, thanks. How about you try a number between 1 and 27 days, just to see if there's a hiccup in the date calculation logic.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
  • tom.p.gray
    tom.p.gray Member
    edited March 6
    Last night (3/5) I changed the three credit card payment reminders to their correct March dates: 3/12 (MC), 3/14 (VISA), and 3/18 (AMEX). And I changed them to "Remind me 1 days in advance" instead of 0 days as suggested. Curiously, in the "Bill and Income Reminders - Next 30 Days" view, the MC (3/12) and AMEX (3/18) reminders showed as "Upcoming" and the VISA (3/14) showed as "Skipped".

This morning (3/6) those views remained the same until did the One Step Update. After the Update the MC and AMEX reminder dates were changed to 4/12 and 4/18. The VISA reminder remained at 3/14. (Those three cc accounts, and other accounts, are set up to download transactions.)

Also, the reminder for an annual payment to a charity should be set to June 2. Last night I changed it from the date Quicken had changed it to, Oct 2, back to June 2. I didn't check it before I did the Update, but after the Update it's now been advanced to Nov 2. 
  • Jessdom3
    Jessdom3 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka Ok so I created a new income reminder and deleted the old one, then allowed my account register to match a downloaded transaction to it (e.g. "is this the next scheduled payment for..."). I checked Bill Income & Transfers after accepting the match and verified that the next income reminder was set to the correct date. Today, while updating my transactions again (none that match the income reminder), the reminder mysteriously skipped to the NEXT next date, which I noticed when checking my projected balances.

I do keep my file saved in Google Drive on my device so that it is backed up, but I have never had any issues with it being stored in that location until this past month.
  • Jessdom3
    Jessdom3 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka Today I was reviewing my accounts and bills to make sure I haven't missed anything else, and I noticed that dates for SEVERAL of my manual bills were randomly off by 1 day. What is going on with Quicken? I feel like I can't trust this software anymore with my budget!!!
This discussion has been closed.