Quicken Lags and Freezes when focus is returned

So I have Quicken 2020, R31.8, and running into an extreme issue that happens all of the time. As I move between screens, move the focus away from the Desktop app to another Window of something and then bring the focus back to Quicken, it doesn't immediately respond. I begins the spinning wheel, lags for a good bit of time and eventually comes back to a working program. Is there a performance related issue or setting that can fix this or is causing this?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please click HELP, and then hold down CTRL while you click About Quicken.  Take a Win snapshot (NO pdf is preferred) and post it here so that we can know more about your Quicken.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    This is my about screen - it is attached to this reply.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed the part about holding CTRL while clicking "About Quicken". That provides a different screen with more information.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    gothca, the new one is attached.
  • Hello @poseiden79

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    Okay, sorry it took me some time to get an answer back. I ran the validate and it returned no errors and fixed no issues. I don't know why this keeps happening. But every time I move focus away from the file or even a transaction being entered, Quicken thinking wheel will spin, hang for a bit, and then oft times return back to a working order. It's like there is a huge performance related issue with this application.