How do i change my GST or PST registration number that prints on my invoices? (Q Win Canada)

torgrimsonj
torgrimsonj Member ✭✭
I have to change my PST and GST number that show up on my invoices. I cannot find where i need to update this information. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That is rather odd @torgrimsonj it seems as though your invoice form has it somehow hard coded, or you have some kind of picture file overlay.

The only suggestion I can offer is that you go back into the Form Designer window Sarah outlined above, and hit the menu 'Layout, New then Invoice and create a new one that hopefully will start back at the default and you can add back your logo and other stuff you want from the original - leaving the Sales tax area by default just saying "GST" etc.?

Answers

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    One way to edit your invoices is: You choose one customer and you "create a new customer invoice". In your invoice on upper right, you select "customize" in "layout".
    You don't want to "save changes before going to Customize". From there, you can edit almost everything and save it. I hope this is what you're looking for.
  • torgrimsonj
    torgrimsonj Member ✭✭
    @valderi - Thanks for your feedback, but that doesn't allow me to change/remove the GST or PST reg # on the invoice. It only allows me to remove the tax fields...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you remember when and where in your Canadian version you originally entered the tax registration numbers?
    Was it when you set up your small business in Quicken or when you first created a Customer Invoices account and marked it as taxable account?
    I'm sorry, we don't seem to have a Community User from Canada who knows about this stuff any longer. And I'm using the US version, which is different from yours when it comes to Sales Tax vs VAT, GST, PST.
    Let me see if I can find someone at Quicken who knows ...
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @torgrimsonj

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the community, although I apologize that the prior responses have been unable to help.

In Quicken, you can adjust the rate and description of the GST and PST tax from the business tab > business tools > Sales Tax Code List

If this does not help in changing the tax registration number, please share a screenshot or description of where this number appears on your invoices to better narrow down where/how this information was initially added to Quicken.

Steps to post a screenshot, if needed, are available here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • torgrimsonj
    torgrimsonj Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sarah. I have already tried what you have suggested. I am attaching a copy of a sample invoice, which show the GST and PST and then show the Reg#. It is that number on the invoice i am trying to change. I don't remember where i set this up. I thought it was when i created my GST&PST accounts. I have looked in the Edit account as well, but didn't find anything. Kinda of at my wits end with this one. It should be simply..but....Any assistance would be appreciated to resolve this one
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hi @torgrimsonj

Thank you for confirming and providing those screenshots.  I apologize, but I have one more question for you.

If you go into the Invoice Designer and hover over the "Sales Tax" option in the left and click on the Gear icon that appears, what is listed in the Tax 1 and Tax 2 fields?

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • torgrimsonj
    torgrimsonj Member ✭✭
    HI Sarah....Here is the screen shot of that as requested
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    That is rather odd @torgrimsonj it seems as though your invoice form has it somehow hard coded, or you have some kind of picture file overlay.

The only suggestion I can offer is that you go back into the Form Designer window Sarah outlined above, and hit the menu 'Layout, New then Invoice and create a new one that hopefully will start back at the default and you can add back your logo and other stuff you want from the original - leaving the Sales tax area by default just saying "GST" etc.?
This discussion has been closed.