Account intent categories

How can I add addition account intent categories.    I would like one for education (529)  and medical (HSA) because I do not want them grouped with other liabilities or assets, credit or savings.

Answers

• intrigue
    intrigue Member
    Type your cHow can I add addition account intent categories.    I would like one for education (529)  and medical (HSA) because I do not want them grouped with other liabilities or assets, credit or savings.omment
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We may not add additional account Intents.  

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5 account intents - Spending, savings, investment, retirement, and Asset - are fixed; there is no way to add more.

You can create accounts for other types of accounts -  529, HSA, Roth, etc and you can save reports and Investing portfolio views that include just the accounts of one type if you want.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeff Armin
    Jeff Armin Member ✭✭
    I have a new HSA administrator and I'm trying to set that account up on Quicken as an investment account. It always comes back as a savings account, and only savings and checking are listed as options. The cash reserve balance shows up but none of my investment funds.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I have a new HSA administrator and I'm trying to set that account up on Quicken as an investment account. It always comes back as a savings account, and only savings and checking are listed as options. The cash reserve balance shows up but none of my investment funds.

What Q product are you running?  And what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Also, what company holds your HSA funds & investments?  And when you do TOOLS, Account List, what grouping (Personal Spending, Personal Savings, Personal Investment, etc) does your HSA show up in?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP