One Step Update hangs downloading from e*trade bank

Bernie M
Bernie M Member ✭✭
Onestep update downloads from credit card accounts, but then stays on "processing data" forever when trying to download from e*trade bank on February 2, 2021. Worked the day before. Clicking on the upper right corner to cancel the one-step update crashes Quicken with no error message.

Best Answer

• Bernie M
    Bernie M Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Since the problem is not with e*trade but is a bug in Quicken's handling of certain Scheduled Transfers, I have created a new topic with a better subject and description of the problem.

Answers

• Bernie M
    Bernie M Member ✭✭
    I narrowed the problem down. The problem occurs when I have One-step Update set to "Sync to Quicken Cloud". When I have that turned on I get a message that tells me that says:
    "SCHEDULED TRANSACTION
    You have scheduled transactions (bills or reminders) that contain transfers from or to an account that does not yet support transactions on the cloud or is not configured to be synced. Those transactions will not be visible in mobile or web, on both the from and to account. . . . "
    It gives me the option to Cancel or Continue, and an option to not show this message again.
    It is true that I have used "Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders > Add > Transfer Reminder" to schedule some transfers of cash from some investment accounts that cannot be accessed to a bank account. !!Quicken is getting hung up when it encounters that situation!!
    BTW, you can set up those TRANSFERS using the Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders, but you cannot setup transfers using the Bills & Income tab.
  • Bernie M
    Bernie M Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Since the problem is not with e*trade but is a bug in Quicken's handling of certain Scheduled Transfers, I have created a new topic with a better subject and description of the problem.