Scheduled Transfers can cause Quicken to hang

You can schedule a Transfer transaction using the "Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders > Add > Transfer Reminder". But if you specify a transfer from an account that is not setup for OneStep update, then Quicken will hang up if you have Sync with Cloud turned on!!!

For instance, I have a retirement account that cannot support OneStep update, but I will need to transfer funds from that account to a checking account later this year. With this bug in Quicken I have to either eliminate that Scheduled Transfer or forget about syncing with Mobile or Web versions of Quicken. When Quicken hangs, the only way out is to stop the OneStep update and then Quicken crashes.

BTW, strangely, you can set up those TRANSFERS using the Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders, but you cannot setup transfers using the Bills & Income tab.

Comments

• Bernie M
    Bernie M Member ✭✭
    Release 32.10 did not fix the problem. I tried Syncing again, from Windows. Still get the warning message that says:

'Scheduled Transaction
    You have scheduled transactions (bills or reminders) that contain transfers from or to an account that does not yet support transactions on the cloud or is not configured to be synced. Those transactions will not be visible in mobile or we, on both the from and to account. Your balances may be different on mobile and web when your reminder settings are configured to view those transactions."
    Then there are options to Cancel or Continue.
    When I choose Continue Quicken hangs up.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Bernie M

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you navigate to the Mobile & Web tab and select the gear next to "Accounts Enabled on the Mobile and Web" is the unsupported account selected to sync?

If so, are you able to remove this account from the sync process?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~