Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Lost my account descriptions, now listed as N/A

I recently updated this morning to Ver R31.12 Build 27.1.31.12 and all my account descriptions disappeared. Each account now says N/A.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
  • DenD
    DenD Member
    I am discouraged to find this error had been reported several weeks ago in January in other versions and yet this bug was released this week in the subscription version of Quicken. When will I know when its safe to update again?
  • Having the exact same problem: account names and most transactions (to include memos) are replaced with N/A. First occurred with a software update in late January 2021. I restored my file from a back-up and everything was fine again. This morning, I updated to version R31.12 and the N/A problem happened again and is even worse this time! Is this a coding problem? Clearly, restoring to a back-up file works, but as soon as I update software (or use One Step Update), N/A shows up.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the exact same problem: account names and most transactions (to include memos) are replaced with N/A. First occurred with a software update in late January 2021. I restored my file from a back-up and everything was fine again. This morning, I updated to version R31.12 and the N/A problem happened again and is even worse this time! Is this a coding problem? Clearly, restoring to a back-up file works, but as soon as I update software (or use One Step Update), N/A shows up.

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems