Slow Start Up

Since the 2/4/2021 Update, I am experiencing very slow start up opening Quicken after I enter the password. My question is should I try to erase that back up or reinstall Quicken again on my PC? Currently using Quicken R31.12. My PC is Windows 10.

Answers

• bumrocky
    bumrocky Member
    I got the update today and Quicken is also extremely slow and locks up when I try to do anything. I have also validated my file and everything is good. I can barely use this now. Also on r31.12.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Duraliner and @bumrocky

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To test if the issue is isolated to the data file or the program, I would create a test file and validate the test file to see if you experience the slowness.

A new file can be created by navigating to File > New Quicken File.

If you do not experience this crashing, I would follow the steps above regarding restoring a backup prior to this issue occurring.

If you do experience slowness in the test file I would then Uninstall and Reinstall.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John Dahlgren
    John Dahlgren Member ✭✭
    I've been having the same issues. What I tried this morning was to do a complete shut down & restart of the Windows 10 operating system. Once everything loaded, Quicken seemed to start much quicker.

After Windows 10 comes back up, you must wait until all startup processes have "settled down" before starting Quicken. In my case, when watching task manager I was noticing high usage of memory and 100% usage of Disk. To start Quicken when the system is already pegged out is not a good comparison to determine if the launch is slow/fast.

Good luck.