Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Password vault problems?

My bank accounts stopped downloading. I went to the password vault and it has changed many of my passwords to "Not required". It won't let me put the password in and a password is required. I've deactivated the bank link and reset it up and still no luck.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @hdkitty1

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Please respond to me via private message for further assistance.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @hdkitty1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, you may want to try resetting your Password Vault. Please, refer to this support article for instructions. Keep in mind that doing so will remove all passwords currently saved in the vault which you will need re-add after completing the reset. 

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version R31.12
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    Resetting the password vault did absolutely nothing.
    I guess I have to delete the vault and create a new one?
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    Resetting the password vault deleted the passwords that it was holding but still left the "Not required" on all those accounts that need passwords.
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    I deleted the vault and created a new one and it's still tells me "Not required" on most of my accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @hdkitty1 thanks for the update, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

If you don't mind, would you be able to submit a screenshot of what you're describing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot.

Alternatively, you can also drag and drop a screenshot to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.
    -Quicken Anja
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    See this thread for why the password is no longer stored in the PV.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    To Quicken Anja
    screenshot attached
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    Well.splasher...
    I have already read that. That does not explain why it has not downloaded any of the accounts is says I no longer need a password for.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @hdkitty1

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

Can you please confirm Quicken Connection Channel? The steps to locate the channel are shown below.

Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken

You should see either QCS or FDS.  If you are on QCS, please select "Change Channel" once this is complete please update once more.

Do you get a different response once the channel has been changed?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    OMG!! Thank you! Thank you! Problem is resolved.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited February 12
    Hello @hdkitty1

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results of this test. We need to perform a few more steps to fully correct the issue.

I will need you to follow the steps to change the connection method back to QCS. To do so, Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken.

Once there you will need to deactivate all of the accounts in the file. This is necessary to correct the QCS download method, so you do not experience downloaded issues in the future.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know if you still do not receive any transactions when downloading this will require additional steps to correct.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    Great! I deactivated all my accounts and when I went to reenter them, the computer locked up and now Quicken won't open
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    Apparently, Quicken didn't properly close, so it wouldn't open. I'm still working on putting all the new passwords back in.

Hopefully, this is all I need to do. I'm already having trouble with the online balances not being correct. Can't reconcile like I usually do. I will wait and see if that clears up with the next day downloads.
  • hdkitty1
    hdkitty1 Member ✭✭
    After all that deactivating and setting up all the new accounts. It's back to doing what it was to begin with.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @hdkitty1

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Please respond to me via private message for further assistance.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.