Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why does Quicken cripple your software when subscription ends?

Can't think of anything more obnoxious than the persistent banner and sidebar when subscription ends. I can't use some features...fine. But to cripple the use of the program? Can't express how frustrating that is without resorting to profanity.

Best Answer

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 8 Accepted Answer
    Hello @CRS300

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question and provide feedback, although I apologize for the frustration.

Quicken is a subscription product. The program can still be used manually should you choose not to renew the subscription. The ability to continue to use the program with banners is a business decision. Feedback regarding the banners has been forwarded and reviewed, however, there are no official plans to change at this time.

The reason for this is that there are very real ongoing costs associated with maintaining connectivity, purchasing data for connected services, operating cloud-based companion apps, security monitoring and management, and periodically revising the product itself to meet evolving security and connectivity changes with financial institutions. 

I do apologize for the frustration, however, I hope this helps to clarify.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• CRS300CRS300 Member
    edited February 6
    [Removed-Disruptive/Duplicate]
  • Ps56k2Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are nearing the end of your subscription -
    - check to make sure your Quicken logon account is not setup for - Auto Renewal
    - shop around for the best retail price - and purchase the package
    - you will receive an - Activation Code - from the retailer - either email or retail box
    - don't have to re-install... just enter the - Activation Code - into your current Quicken
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 8 Accepted Answer
    Hello @CRS300

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question and provide feedback, although I apologize for the frustration.

Quicken is a subscription product. The program can still be used manually should you choose not to renew the subscription. The ability to continue to use the program with banners is a business decision. Feedback regarding the banners has been forwarded and reviewed, however, there are no official plans to change at this time.

The reason for this is that there are very real ongoing costs associated with maintaining connectivity, purchasing data for connected services, operating cloud-based companion apps, security monitoring and management, and periodically revising the product itself to meet evolving security and connectivity changes with financial institutions. 

I do apologize for the frustration, however, I hope this helps to clarify.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.