restart quicken bill manager from scratch

I am expiring without auto-renew in about a month. the thing holding me up is the quicken bill manager just does not work for me. billers wont enter such as xfinity, my utility bill failed day of payment after working one month for xcel, adn can't send a new payment with xcel anymore, cant pay my credit card at citi.com, etc.
I really like quicken adn am a 25 year user. I hate to give it up. Is there someway to just delete all payees, disable bill manager, or reinstall from scratch to see if I can get it working? Deleting and removing a single bill does not seem to fix it a lot of time. I want to give it one last shot before I move on. Any suggestions on how to get it working.

How does my little local credit union pay all my bills electronically through their website if Quicken cant figure it out? I couldn't find another bank that claimed to support direct connect for bill pay or that actually did. I actually opened accounts at a credit union and wells fargo to see if I could get direct connect to pay bills and it turns out they don't actually support the bill pay part of direct connect.
How do people manage their money responsibly if they don't reconcile their accounts? Quicken seems to be the only software that allows you to do that so I hate to change, but I hate double entry after using my credit union bill pay service

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @dan5,

Seems like you've had a tough time with Q Bill Manager.  On your idea of closing it out and then starting from scratch with it again, I would suggest that you work with Quicken Support and let them walk you through that process step by step.  Here's a link to Quicken Support - LINK.

Let us know how that works out for you and good luck.

Frankx 

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @dan5,

Seems like you've had a tough time with Q Bill Manager.  On your idea of closing it out and then starting from scratch with it again, I would suggest that you work with Quicken Support and let them walk you through that process step by step.  Here's a link to Quicken Support - LINK.

Let us know how that works out for you and good luck.

Frankx 

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • dan5
    dan5 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frank good suggestion, that way hopefully I can give the best shot
  • ddenucci
    ddenucci Member ✭✭
    edited February 14
    [Removed-Rant/ Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.