How do I distinguish pre-tax and post-tax deductions on my paycheck?

I used to be able to have the pre-tax and post-tax deductions itemized separately. Now it just shows up as a split transaction, but I don't know the distributions to adjust for pre-tax items. This is definitely a bad idea, Quicken. The paycheck wizard was awesome and so easy to edit when pay items were changed.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Correct, there is no paycheck wizard in QMac. It may come eventually as ongoing improvements happen. In the mean time, you just have to add or removed lines to the split transaction using the +/- buttons.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    This is posted in a QMac category but you appear to be using QWin. Which are you using?
  • Riveranet
    Riveranet Member ✭✭
    I used to use the Win version and now I'm using the Mac. I'm finding out it's not a thing in the Mac. :(
  • RickO
    Accepted Answer
    Correct, there is no paycheck wizard in QMac. It may come eventually as ongoing improvements happen. In the mean time, you just have to add or removed lines to the split transaction using the +/- buttons.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 6
    What ultimately determines pre-tax vs. post-tax is the category that's associated with each line of the split ... and the Tax Attribute that's associated with those categories.
    QWin's Paycheck Wizard is really nothing more than a fancy input form .... and doesn't change that in any way.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP