Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

connection issue with Citibank

Got a CC-501 error trying to download from Citibank. Quicken said they resolved these issues on Jan 26. They're baaacck.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 8 Accepted Answer
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

Additionally, if you wish to contribute your log files to this investigation, then please navigate to Help > Report a Problem or contact Quicken Support directly to have our support agents assist you in collecting your log files. The more log files we are able to collect, the better.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @terry_marsh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review this support article regarding error CC-501.

As stated in the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely be required to file an escalation in order to have it successfully resolved.

Please, click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Seawolf
    Seawolf Member
    Yes, I experienced the same issue this morning with Citibank, CC-501 error.
  • henchm
    henchm Member ✭✭
    Me also
  • terry_marsh
    terry_marsh Member
    Now a problem for three days. Let's get with it, Quicken.! Tax returns have to be prepared and quickly. Government Stimulus payments will depend on showing less income in 2020 that in 2019. That means returns have to be filed quickly.
  • mperry921
    mperry921 Member
    just had the same thing happen for citibank. but i have also had the same issue for two years with a bank account that they could never figure out. maybe with citibank being big enough they will figure that one out at least.
  • auga
    auga Member
    I'm having the same issue with 4 different Citi Card accounts.
  • terry_marsh
    terry_marsh Member
    edited February 8
    [Removed - Rant/Speculation]
  • terry_marsh
    terry_marsh Member
    edited February 8
    Quicken is now aware of the problem. They got it over the weekend. [Removed - Speculation/Inaccurate]  They are also aware of the "talk to support" button not working. Attribution to a problem with the most recent update. 
  • Quicken Anja
    edited February 8 Accepted Answer
    Hello All, 

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

Additionally, if you wish to contribute your log files to this investigation, then please navigate to Help > Report a Problem or contact Quicken Support directly to have our support agents assist you in collecting your log files. The more log files we are able to collect, the better.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    -Quicken Anja
  • terry_marsh
    terry_marsh Member
    edited February 8
    [removed - off-topic]
  • Still having this problem
  • Deanr14
    Deanr14 Member
    Still getting the C-501 error on Citibank. This is a recurring issue. After this issue has been resolved, it sure would be nice to get an update that explains why this is chronic and what steps are being taken to resolve the chronic nature.
  • terry_marsh
    terry_marsh Member
    edited February 9
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • GRACY
    GRACY Member
    I HAVE had this problem over 4 days - i literally had to change banks a few years ago because citibank cd not get their act together very frustrating cc501
    is there an update on this issue
  • terry_marsh
    terry_marsh Member
    edited February 10
    [Removed - Argumentative/Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • auga
    auga Member
    Last week I was getting a CC-501 error for my Citibank Credit Card Accounts:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888254/connection-issue-with-citibank

This week, I am no longer getting that error. Instead, Quicken just hangs during the update process with a spinning "Processing data" display. I've left it running 10 minutes, but it never stops.

Please advise.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @auga,

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair...
    4. Select Validate file
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    There is something screwed up with the EWC process this morning.  I'm about to kill the process and take a look at the log.  
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭
    edited February 13
    Yep, all three of my EWC accounts (were messed up (hanging, incomplete updates) this morning. Direct Connect was fine.

Edit: Includes Citibank (savings account), Capital One, Bank of America)
    Quicken for Windows subscription. Quicken user since 1990.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    I ran OSU for 2 EWC accounts (Citi and Synchrony) and it spent an enormous amount of time stuck on the "processing data" step until finally ending with a CC 501 error. Repeated with the same result. I then tried Macys, which zipped through, but did not update (last download date/time is unchanged). Repeated with the same result. 

Updating EWC accounts has been taking significantly longer since r31.12, but this morning is really bad. There are several postings from yesterday and today describing the same or similar problems. I suspect this is a fairly widespread problem on Q's end, and not with any individual user.

@Quicken_Tyka, @Quicken_Anja: I see you each have responded to at least one of them. Can one of you tie this together for us?

@markus1957 - Can you let us know if you find anything in the logs?

Thanks.
  • SoCalScott
    SoCalScott Member ✭✭
    edited February 13
    All of my Citi accounts (banking and credit card) will not download. Please provide real-time updates, Quicken.