Why doesn't budget report fill page to left and right margins?

Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member ✭✭✭
edited February 8 in Reports (Windows)
With columns for each month, the report looks very scrunched up, yet about half the page is wasted space.
Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Phil Burton

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look to see if I would have a similar issue but didn't experience any. If you could get a screenshot of the report so that we're able to see the columns and that should give us a better idea. I'll leave instructions on how to do so down below,

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

If you could also let us know what resolution you are using your monitor at it may help as well. Once you get the chance let us know and we'll take a look!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, I know which report @Phil Burton is referring to:
    The CTRL-P or File / Print Budgets report of the Annual View of the Planning Tab.
    At current settings, it leaves a couple of inches of white space on the left and right sides of the paper, even when set to print in landscape mode.
    Here's an example:
    This makes for very inefficient use of the paper.
    Body Font is set to Arial Regular 9 pt., paper margins default to 0.5" on all sides.
    Matter of fact, if there were a way to easily select different paper sizes, in addition to Portrait and Landscape modes on Standard paper (8.5*11"), that would be an big help.
    For example, my printer also supports 8.5*14" legal size paper. If the printer selection menu could be changed to allow selection of other sizes of supported paper, e.g.
    which, in turn, makes the report adjust to the selected page size and properly fill the page to capacity ... that would be an improvement, too.
    How about changing this discussion to an Idea, to let the programmers decide ...
  • Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member ✭✭✭
    I would be happy to change this discussion to an idea, but I don't know how. In the meantime, I'm uploading a redacted PDF of this report. The area in blue is private data, but the column headings are clear to see, and it's clear that a good part of the page width is wasted (landscape format).
    Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Phil Burton

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have changed your post to an idea so that others may vote on this feature. Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

When Ideas have gained enough traction, they are reviewed by our development team for future consideration.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • brucercall
    brucercall Member
    When trying to print up the Itemized transactions for last year only a part of the page is used. I have tried adjusting the margins, different printers, PDF output but still only about half of the page is used.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brucercall,

You may be experiencing a different problem than the one discussed here. Is your problem with the printed output or only with the print preview?
    QWin Premier subscription