Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is the effort still ongoing with USAA FSB?

During update of USAA FSB, Quicken downloads transactions, however mostly the ones downloaded are not new - but show as new -  They have already been downloaded and reconciled.

Comments

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭
    edited February 8
    Yes, unfortunately it's still an ongoing issue with USAA, which is related to https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887428/usaa-transaction-downloads-pending-transactions-edited#latest .

I downloaded this morning, and I'm getting pending transactions that are listed as payments when in fact they should be deposits. Likewise, the online balance doesn't match the actual balance should these pending transactions be accepted. In essence if I accept them (the pending transactions) today, they'll become duplicates tomorrow. At this point and since I had a backup of the current file before doing the download from this morning, I restored that file and will wait until tomorrow to download again.

Hopefully USAA will fix this issue. It's an irritation.
    Quicken user since 1996
  • J Smith
    J Smith Member ✭✭
    II have the same issue as johnodrake. On a USAA credit card, download transactions are being shown as new yet are already in my register marked with a "c" - cleared.
  • Tomj4
    Tomj4 Member
    I'm with you. It seemed resolved about 10 days ago, but the duplicate downloads have started again. Quicken downloads a USAA transaction on Monday, then it downloads the same one on Tuesday. Quicken doesn't see the first one. I go through my account & delete the duplicates. Also downloading reversed entries - deposits as withdrawals, etc. Very disappointing. Fix this!
  • Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    It would be helpful if USAA and/or Quicken Support would acknowledge this issue. It's pretty obvious USAA is having problems with quicken downloads.
  • Jim12345
    Jim12345 Member
    Still can't reconnect a CC to Quicken. The account number shown (last 4) is not the correct card number. Also, a checking account does not even show up as available to reconnect to Quicken.
  • kchester
    kchester Member
    edited February 9
    A fix to the problems with USAA Bank is overdue! [removed - no soliciting]
  • SteveGG
    SteveGG Member
    I'm having the same problem. Transactions in my USAA register (at USAA.com) show as Pending, but they are being downloaded to Quicken. The Statement Ending Balance from USAA does not include these transactions, throwing my reconciliation off by the amount of the Pending transactions.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    I throw my experience in there as well. We continually receive duplicate downloads to already reconciled transactions. Forces a user to be very careful when accepting transactions. Hopefully will be rectified soon.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    Ditto to Joe25
  • Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    USAA appears to be having technical difficulties. Logging onto USAA.com I get a screen that says Page Currently Unavailable and reports technical difficulties. Clicking on My USAA opens up the web site and everything seems to be in order. However, Quicken downloads are still incorrect with duplicate transactions and random cases of a deposit showing up as a payment or vice versa. It's a mess.
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭
    Am having a similar problem with USAA. Now when doing a reconciliation, Quicken is including all pending transactions the Statement Ending Balance. This results in a value that can be quite different than the one for all posted (downloaded) transactions. Not sure if USAA is sending the wrong data field or if the problem is due to recent changes in Quicken. Result - can no longer get USAA Checking account to reconcile!! (Unless I go online, view all pending transactions and manually enter them into Quicken and then do a reconciliation.) Ugh!
  • John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭
    Jim12345 I've had the same thing occur when adding credit card accounts back into Quicken. For some reason, only the last 2 digits of the account number agree (I'm not sure, but I think the 4 digits that show in Quicken for the last four are actually the first 2 and last 2 - strange!) I've found that linking the accounts with the matching last 2 digits does work. Good Luck!
  • Still waiting for a fix :(
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    USAA OSD again downloaded the last three reconciled transactions as new.
  • kingjck
    kingjck Member ✭✭
    Still having this same problem with USAA credit card downloads. Is the problem being worked at all? :/ :s
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    Me too. I end up checking if it's reconciled previously then deleting the download.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    This morning I received USAA OL-301-A
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Joe25,

What method are you using to connect with USAA - is it Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect?  Is your problem that Quicken will not download transactions, or does it download transactions okay but the error relates to online payments you are trying to make?  Also which versions of windows and Quicken are you runing?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    Well, I should have held off on posting. I performed another download and it resolved. Still had downloads repeated to previous reconciled transactions, but it worked. Thanks for the quick response
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joe25,

No problem - given recent issues it is completely understandable.

Have a great day!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jkherbert3
    jkherbert3 Member
    I continue to get duplicate transactions (both new and previously reconciled) on a daily basis. I download and reconcile daily, and this is wasting too much of my time.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Joe25 said:
    This morning I received USAA OL-301-A
    They must be "playing with" the servers again.  I just hit that too, and now it is gone for me too.  I think until they get all these problems resolved you can expect these kind of temporary glitches.

BTW has anyone noticed that they are now sending 0 for the check number for every transaction?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bob@34
    [email protected] Member ✭✭
    Hadn't had any problems for the past week or so but got a duplicate download today. Unmatched the already matched transaction and noticed a different FTID number. Deleted the earlier download and matched the new one. And I did experience Chris_QPW's 0 in the check number column in two downloads yesterday.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    Nothing fixed as far as I can discern. Still getting downloads already reconciled via download previously.
  • JubJub
    JubJub Member ✭✭
    Still getting duplicates as of March 10th.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    The downloading of previously reconciled transactions continues with USAA.  The event is becoming random as it does not make this error each time I download.  More interestingly, the same issue happened this morning with a different CC from Citicorp.  A single cleared/reconciled transaction from March 3 showed up this morning as new.  I checked the bank site to ensure that I wasn't being double charged and there was no double charge.  The Issue of downloading previously reconciled transactions now appears to be a Quicken issue rather than an issue with the Card Companies
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    The issue with USAA in which Quicken download from USAA - New downloads a couple of previously reconciled transactions and shows them as new transactions continues.  Can we get an update on what is being done to rectify this issue?
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    Still occurring. Shouldn't take this long.
  • Michael Dulaney
    Michael Dulaney Member ✭✭
    Since early February, using a "Direct Connect" connection to update my USAA branded VISA card into my Quicken for Mac (Latest version), I've been getting duplicate transactions downloading into my USAA VISA card register.
    Quicken support showed me how to turn on the column that displays the Financial Institution Transaction ID (FITID) and I'm seeing duplicate transactions downloading with discreet FITIDs. This is the identifier that Quicken uses to know what transactions have already been downloaded and only download new ones. I've been putting a comment in the memo field "Duplicate and the $ amount" and then zero out the amount of the duplicate transactions. I can then reconcile the account with the online balance. I've been harassing USAA support staff with calls, messages, I even printed out pages of screen shots showing duplicate transactions, marked them up with "Circles and Arrows" and mailed them with a plea to Wayne Peacock, CEO of USAA to forward the screenshots to the appropriate support staff. I've placed a formal complaint with "Member Relations". and am getting no responses to any of my pleas. The most promising result occurred today. I had a long conversation with a Visa Card Services representative who in response to my asking "Tell me what concrete actions we can take this afternoon to start getting a resolution to this." She spoke with a supervisor and then transferred me to an "Online Troubleshooting" department. The person I spoke to there admitted that this is a known problem, has been going on since the rollout of the new online system, and knows of no known timetable for fixing the problem. One clue someone might verify for me is every transaction that I later get a duplicate of has a FITID that begins with the initials MDM. All the duplicate transactions FITIDs begin with numbers. The Transactions that later duplicate have mixed Alpha A - Z upper and lower case characters and numbers. The Numerical FITIDs look like HEX. Yes, call, write, message, complain, this problem should be addressed and shouldn't be going on for almost 2 months.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your perseverance. When downloads that come in as "NEW", I immediately look for the value and payee and determine if it has been reconciled already. If so, I just use "EDIT - DELETE" on the downloaded transaction which removes it. Reconciliation then works. FWIW.