Recording Capital Return Reinvestment

RajM
RajM Member ✭✭
edited February 8 in Investments (Windows)
How do I record reinvestment of capital return. In the reinvestment transaction type, I don't see this option
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you enter a Return of Capital and a Buy - Shares Bought transaction.  

• RajM
    RajM Member ✭✭
    Yes, I have been recording them in two separate transactions, return of capital and then buy-shares. But, it is a lot of work and very time consuming. On the other hand, Quicken should be able to include that into Reinvestment template and convert the recording into two separate transactions automatically. It will simplify the process and ease the pain.
    I hope, Quicken will pay attention to adding this feature in the future release.
    Anyway, thank you again for responding me quickly.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RajM,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your Idea request.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for this but not because 1 transaction is less work than 2 transactions.
    Each "Buy" transaction increases Amount Invested in the security. Quicken's existing "Reinv" transactions do not, which IMHO results in more accurate computations. In this case, no new money is being invested, but the Buy transaction does not accurately reflect that.
    So instead of "Reinvest Return of Capital" resulting in 2 transactions, it should be added as a new Action in investment accounts.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.