Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Calculation of outyear investment security returns

I just recently transitioned from Quicken 2013 to a subscription. In the 2013 version, the outyear security returns (3 and 5 yr) were shown as N/A if the security had not been held for that period of time. In the subscription version the outyear returns are shown as the same as the 1 year return when the security has not been held for 3 or 5 years.
Is there a way to reset the calculation method so that 3 and 5 year returns are not calculated when the security has been held for a shorter period?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    I'm not able to reproduce the issue you've described.  Outyear security returns are still being shown as N/A if the security had not been held for that period of time.  

Perhaps you're referring to the IRR?  If so, I believe the change was introduced in Quicken 2018 and there is no option to disable it.  I think the IRR calculation is correct.