Paying online with EFT or paper checks in the register no longer allowed??

Have I got this right? For a while now I've been entering checks and online payments in the Quicken register like I've done for 20 years, doing a one-step update, and nothing happens. The payments I thought I sent didn't go. Don't even appear in the register. So, now it seems this simple process no longer works (thanks a heap for telling us) and we have to use either Quick Pay or Check Pay, but to do that you have to use Bill Manager and what the hell is that anyway? It's so much easier to just log into the bank and pay bills. It the bank allowed enough characters in the memo field to categorize and tag transactions I'd drop Quicken like a red hot brick because of this new handy dandy feature. So do I have this right? Is there a simple way to do pay online that I'm just not seeing? Because what online help I've looked at assumes I know (or care) more about this than I do.

Comments

• Billley
    Billley Member ✭✭
    Oh, and it looks like only so many transactions a month are allowed? And I guess we have to pay extra after that?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Billley said:
    Have I got this right? For a while now I've been entering checks and online payments in the Quicken register like I've done for 20 years, doing a one-step update, and nothing happens. 
    So how long has this been going on?  Quicken Billpay ended last August so if you didn't have problems before now, you might be using a form of Bank billpay that allows you to initiate payments directly from Quicken.  To do this, your bank has to be one of that uses Direct Connect and allows for direct payments (about 500 do).
    If something has changed recently, telling us your bank name and connection method may provide some help.  If you are just ranting about Bill Manager, we already have plenty of that in the user community.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021