Customers Bank online error

GRRR!
GRRR! Member ✭✭
Hello:

Customers Bank "upgraded" their online banking site this weekend, and sure enough Quicken won't update the account now. I'm getting error code CC-509, and Quicken keeps telling me I have to change my password at the Bank's site (supposedly, per the Bank). I did that but still getting the same error message. The Bank says its a Quicken problem, and Quicken says it's a Bank problem. I just need this to work! Anyone else having the problem?

Thanks.

[Edited - removed disruptive information]

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-added-quicken

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    Hello. Thank you. The Bank is listed in Quicken and has been for a long time (i.e., not recently added). It attempts to logon, but I get the error messaged referenced above. I spent about 30 minutes on chat, and in the end, he just said it's a Bank problem and refused to escalate. I've reengaged the Bank but not hopeful because they say it's a Quicken problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GRRR!

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you have been unable to reach a resolution so far.

I would recommend deactivating and reactivating the account following the steps below.

To deactivate the account, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know if you still receive this error message after completing these steps.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I did try to deactivate the account but same error message. I then delated the account to try to add it back. But, I can't add it back (getting same error as above). So, there is no account to try to deactivate again.
  • GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    Hello:

Also, this problem should be posted in the Alerts (like the recent Navy Federal problem). I can't be the only one having this problem with Customers Bank.

Thanks.
  • Hello @GRRR!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need to have logs looked at to find out exactly what's happening that's causing the error. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    Hello. Thanks. As I noted in my first post, Quicken Support said it was a Bank problem and refused to escalate.
  • GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    I have been working with the Bank. According to a manager there "I think Intuit is still in the process of updating the link to our new online banking system, I think you already deleted Customers Bank (please do so if you have not) and try to re-add it. When you search for Customers Bank when adding us, please select the Customers Bank Business link and it should work...."

I was able to add it that way (i.e., using the Business link instead of the regular Customers Bank link), even though my account is not a business account. However, transactions are not downloading correctly, about which I'm asking the Bank.

I'll reiterate again to whomever does so/makes that decision, this issue should be posted as an Alert - it has to be impacting everyone that uses Customers Bank for personal accounts.
  • GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    Sorry, Quicken Francisco. I should have said my comment about contacting Support was in my second post, not my first.
  • GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    I'll reiterate again to whomever does so/makes that decision, this issue should be posted as an Alert - it has to be impacting everyone that uses Customers Bank for personal accounts.
  • davidm2064
    davidm2064 Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 21
    I am having the exact same issue and have not been able to fix.  Going to try the business link and see if that works.  Agree this should be in alerts.
    Update: Switched to business account and it works.  I can also log into the business account online and it works.  Had to update twice to get new transactions and the new ones were matched incorrectly.  Had to unmatch and everything seems to be working now.
  • GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    edited February 22
    Thanks, davidm2064.

For me, it only downloads two seemingly random transactions from 2020 (I've had the account since before then). In Quicken, I've reset, deactivated and reactivated, and deleted and added the account back, with no change. The online balance is right, but the "register" is way off.

What do you mean you "unmatched" everything?

[Removed-Argumenative/Speculation]
  • GRRR!
    GRRR! Member ✭✭
    edited February 22
    [Removed Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    Hello all,

This post has become argumentative and is now being closed. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

The Community is mainly a user to user forum. QuickenSupport has the tools to review log files as well as escalate issues that the Community doe not have. Contacting support also generates help tickets, which help gauge user impact and may be used to open an escalation with our service provider if necessary.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.