Sync to the cloud - "you may not transfer money into a read only account"

Thanks for your welcomes..first time on any community site!! I am an OLD Guy Newby!! when sync to the cloud I get error message ....you may not transfer money into a read only account....and entire program goes into a loop and I have to end the the entire program manually. how do I find out what accounts are read-only.. or fix the problem? was working fine up to about a month ago...bajabeerman

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bajabeerman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Do you recall if you closed an account recently? Or did you mark an account as closed within the Quicken application?

I would first save a backup and then begin by resetting the cloud.

Reset
     the cloud data through the desktop program
    1. Go to Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services.
    2. In the Cloud Account section, click Reset.
    Once this process has completed, do you receive the same error message or something different?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • thank you so much for your suggestion...But, still same problem...when reset, the file automatically re-copies the data to the cloud but gets stuck in same loop..

yes i did close some accounts plus I have created a couple year end reports deleting data from my current file...I usually keep 5 years of transactions on the active file but have tried to make the current file only go back to 2018...

I have about 20+ closed accounts in the program as I have been using Quicken since INTUIT originally started selling the program...

If only there was a way or Quicken noted which accounts were involved with the error...

the blanket statement doesnt really help a lot....
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    [EDIT] - updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10