Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Update on Dual Factor Authentication in Canada

In 2019 I gave up on automatic updates because my RBC account kept saying my account had been compromised. This because of dual factor authentication. I never got a straight answer from either RBC nor Quicken on how to resolve this so I gave up. Is there any way to use automatic updates with RBC Canada without my account being flagged as compromised?

Answers

• gs_
    gs_ Member ✭✭✭
    I am still having trouble with RBC and CIBC One Step Updates since the release of R28.15.

However, prior to the update, it worked with my 2 factor authentication (2FA) which in RBC's case is really not a true 2FA, just a secondary question from a list of three when their security senses something amiss. I was able trigger it by using my VPN from a non-North American country.

But, where I really got flagged, similar to what you are suggesting is when I did a Quicken One-step Update while I was logged in to the RBC site using my browser. I do not remember the exact sequence but was able to trigger it at will.

What I learned was to not do a Quicken One Step Update while logging into the bank site or, perhaps, vice versa.

While writing this I re-enabled CIBC and RBC in One Step Update and it worked as expected. I'll leave it turned on to see if the aggregator was the problem.
This discussion has been closed.