Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One Step Update Summary is incomplete

One Step Summary does not list all updated accounts. Also, several accounts do not list time and date of last update under the account title. (while other accounts do)

The transaction downloads do take place, though.

Any solution in progress?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • darbusa
    darbusa Member ✭✭
    What do you mean by "examine the ONE Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file? What exactly am I looking for?
  • sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    I might add to darbusa's question: Why is this even necessary for us to do this? Isn't this something to be corrected by the Quicken programmers? I would think the problem was caused by the app in the first place.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    darbusa said:
    What do you mean by "examine the ONE Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file? What exactly am I looking for?
    If you have renamed the correct runtime.dat file, there will be no information presented in the One Step Update Summary window until you perform an update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sippol said:
    I might add to darbusa's question: Why is this even necessary for us to do this? Isn't this something to be corrected by the Quicken programmers? I would think the problem was caused by the app in the first place.
    One of the causes of the symptoms you described is a corruption of the runtime.dat file.  The file is a simple text file.  I can conceive of many reasons the file may become corrupt.  For example, if Quicken is terminated abnormally while attempting to modify the file during a One Step Update.

If you want something to be corrected by the Quicken programmers, I suggest your report the issue to Quicken Support or submit the problem (select Help > Report a problem...).
  • sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Sherlock. I appreciate your help.
  • sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, you advised I rename the dat file once I locate it? What do I rename it? Also, if I rename this dat file and find Quick the Summary works as it should, do I understand correctly to go back to the Program folder and delete that file?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sippol said:
    Sherlock, you advised I rename the dat file once I locate it? What do I rename it? Also, if I rename this dat file and find Quick the Summary works as it should, do I understand correctly to go back to the Program folder and delete that file?
    It does not matter what new name you provide the runtime.dat file.  You're just moving the file out of the way so that the Quicken program doesn't find it.  You want to be able to recognize the renamed file so you may restore the file or delete the file later.

You may keep the renamed runtime.dat file as long as you want.  I tend to remove files I don't have a further need of but disk space is cheap.

• sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, I found a runtime.dat file in the ProgramData>Quicken>Intel>QData folder. Is that the right one? You suggest I rename it anything. And then reopen Quicken. what happens then. do I need to restore the file after that?
  • sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    I renamed the file, Quicken summary now contains more of the accounts, be still not all the accounts!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sippol said:
    Sherlock, I found a runtime.dat file in the ProgramData>Quicken>Intel>QData folder. Is that the right one? You suggest I rename it anything. And then reopen Quicken. what happens then. do I need to restore the file after that?
    If you meant the \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\QData folder, that could very well be the right one if the name of your Quicken file is QData.QDF.

After you rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken and select Tools > One Step Update Summary.  

If you have renamed the correct runtime.dat file, all the information in the One Step Update Summary window will be missing (as if there has been never been One Step Update).  If you subsequently perform a One Step Update (press Ctrl + 1), Quicken will create a new runtime.dat file and the One Step Update Summary window should provide the results from this new runtime.dat file.

If you have renamed the incorrect runtime.dat file, the information in the One Step Update Summary window will still be present.  You should exit Quicken, restore the runtime.dat file you mistakenly renamed, and continue your search for the correct runtime.dat file.

• sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    OK. I think I located the correct file in the QData folder. what Do I do now?
  • AAR
    AAR Member
    I am having the same issues, since last version update, now getting incomplete update summary. I have renamed the runtime.dat file multiple times. After renaming, the first time I run update it creates a new runtime.dat file and all the accounts are listed as updated. The next time I run update, then missing most of the update information again. This has been going on for a few weeks.
  • sippol
    sippol Member ✭✭
    AAR, I also noticed the "date/time of last update" doesn't appear under the account title on the registry pages of each account. I've spent two, 1+ hour-long sessions with Quicken technical support and they had to elevate the problem for investigation. The hope is the next update will fix this.