Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Using Quicken Deluxe 2021 with Quicken Home&Business 2017

My daughter just purchased the new 2021 Quicken Deluxe today. Since I do her personal tax return, can I read and review her files and entries on my computer with Quicken Home & Business 2017? If so, if I make any adjustments to her numbers and I backup will she be able to restore this new updated file from my Quicken Home & Business 2017 to her Quicken Deluxe 2021?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You're in luck, because data file structures are compatible between 2017 and the Subscription (2018-2021) versions.
    However, I advise against making any changes to her file on your computer UNLESS you can be 100% sure that she doesn't use her Quicken file at all while you are working on a copy on your computer. There's no program available that I'm aware of which can merge your changes into her updated data file, preserving all her newly entered or updated data.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    You're in luck, because data file structures are compatible between 2017 and the Subscription (2018-2021) versions.
    However, I advise against making any changes to her file on your computer UNLESS you can be 100% sure that she doesn't use her Quicken file at all while you are working on a copy on your computer. There's no program available that I'm aware of which can merge your changes into her updated data file, preserving all her newly entered or updated data.
  • KSfarm
    KSfarm Member
    Awesome--You are a HUGE help! No problem, she knows not to do anything on hers until I am done with my review.
This discussion has been closed.