Why does Quicken Deluxe now only open in a small window?

Quicken used to remember the size of my QDF from one session to another. Now when I open Quicken from either the QDF itself or from the app, the window is small, and I have to stretch it to the correct size. This should not be necessary, and I want to know what the fix is (without my having to change any settings - I like my font size, etc.).

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken should be maintaining the application window size and position in the QUSER.INI file located in the user's hidden AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config folder. I suggest you confirm the same.
  • llnpaypal
    llnpaypal Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Sherlock. The existing .INI had Height=684, Width=1282.

I changed Height and Width to 1080,1920 (my display resolution), opened the QDF and resized it on my display to the full screen. I closed Quicken. The .INI values were automatically changed to 683,1287 (close to the original), and the window opened up small again.

My display scaling is 150%. I changed it to 100% and opened the QDF (barely legible). The .INI values became 612,750.

Is it possible that the .INI will automatically update to smaller values but not larger ones for Height and Width?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just played with this and it seems that they have factored in the Windows scaling for their numbers.

So say you are using 150% Windows scaling and you have a 1920x1080 screen.
    Then the numbers for full screen are 1280x720.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Just in case it isn't obvious.  To get the numbers you divide by 1.5.  I might add that with this setting you aren't meeting the minimum requirements for Quicken's display which is 1024x768 normal fonts (not large) 100% Windows scaling.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • llnpaypal
    llnpaypal Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Chris_QPW. I tried playing with the size and location numbers, to no avail so I stopped. Then one day the window appeared where I wanted. And a couple of days later, the window opened full-screen, as I wanted. Not sure what made the .INI finally work (at least for me), but it did and I'm happy :)